Your PayPal transaction history.

I got this e-mail message from Paypal. Any of you get any of this message from PayPal?-

" We’ve noticed that you’ve had a higher than average rate of issues with your PayPal transactions. Such problems may include claims you have initiated with PayPal or through your financial institution or bank. 

We want you to be happy with your purchases, but we may find it necessary to suspend your PayPal account privileges if we continue to notice a high number of problems with your PayPal transactions. Pending further review, we may also suspend any outstanding and future buyer protection claims, and we reserve the right to deny these claims.

We simply wanted to give you a chance to reassess your account activity for the future. You don’t need to take any action, and we don’t require a response to this message. "

So what does this mean that I can't make legitimate claims in future otherwise they might suspend my account  privileges .

Like no received items and items which I not satisfied with ? How is this fair ? It is not my fault that I claimed for unreceived items

and claim on items which are not as described on the listing. 

Is there a quota as to how many claims that we have legitimately claimed each year before get suspended ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"Is there a quota as to how many claims that we have legitimately claimed each year before get suspended ?"

Yes but that information is confidential and is not available to anyone for obvious reasons. It is also based on the number of transactions by a buyer. 

At one time - about ten or twelve years ago - there was a fixed number of claims a buyer could make in a year.  However the American justice system told PayPal that was not legal (anti-trust) and they ended the practice.  Now each buyer is assigned a limit based on experience and trading volume..

" It is not my fault.... "

Of course not.  On the other hand, while PayPal provides buyer protection, it is not an insurance company and buyers should not depend on PayPal to make them whole when they make unwise purchases.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

" It is not my fault.... "

Of course not.  On the other hand, while PayPal provides buyer protection, it is not an insurance company and buyers should not depend on PayPal to make them whole when they make unwise purchases.

Like ridiculously cheap Smart Watches on E-bay that offer free shipping from U.S.A., right ?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You use the word 'ridiculously' correctly.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I agree with the whole 'buyer beware' philosophy but, then again, should the sales platform not bear some responsibility for allowing shady items to be sold? I'm trying to think of a brick-and-mortar analogy and the best I can come up with is this: if you rent a table at a craft show, most organizers will demand you sell actual homemade, handmade-type artifacts. You can't just peel the Made in China sticker from it and expect to get away with that.

So, of course, yes. Paying $1.50 with free shipping for something that should cost $25 at retail? No one should fall for that yet hope springs eternal and people do. 

Ebay as a corporation is doing itself a huge disservice by allowing swindling sellers to take advantage of naive buyers at their party. 

And that's my big morality speech for the day.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@zhongjai wrote:

I got this e-mail message from Paypal. Any of you get any of this message from PayPal?-

" We’ve noticed that you’ve had a higher than average rate of issues with your PayPal transactions. Such problems may include claims you have initiated with PayPal or through your financial institution or bank. 

We want you to be happy with your purchases, but we may find it necessary to suspend your PayPal account privileges if we continue to notice a high number of problems with your PayPal transactions. Pending further review, we may also suspend any outstanding and future buyer protection claims, and we reserve the right to deny these claims.

We simply wanted to give you a chance to reassess your account activity for the future. You don’t need to take any action, and we don’t require a response to this message. "

So what does this mean that I can't make legitimate claims in future otherwise they might suspend my account  privileges .

Like no received items and items which I not satisfied with ? How is this fair ? It is not my fault that I claimed for unreceived items

and claim on items which are not as described on the listing. 

Is there a quota as to how many claims that we have legitimately claimed each year before get suspended ?

Thanks

I had some bad luck with buying a few years ago. It still gives me shudders. I didn't receive a message like this but I can understand your frustration. The best advice I can give you about buying on ebay is in a guide I wrote on ebay.co.uk. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/10-Steps-to-Hassle-Free-Buying-on-eBay-/10000000204740571/g.html

Check the seller's feedback. Really read it. And vow not to make ANY purchase from a seller with less than 99.9 to 100 per cent feedback while sticking with sellers who are top-rated or top-rated Plus. Some of the biggest mistakes that I encountered as a buyer were made by sellers not because they were malicious but merely hopelessly inexperienced. And stick to North America so that if you ever have to make a return, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do it. Better yet, if you have any doubts, just don't buy it. In the end, the best deal in the world is not worth the stress required to get your money back when it arrives crushed because the seller sent it in a used cereal box. 

Good luck as you carry forward.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I got one of these a long time ago. I called PayPal & 2 reps didn't know why I would have got that email since my account was in good standing & the 3rd was some dumb girl who argued that the 3 out of 300 purchases I had been ripped off on were MY fault for not reading seller feedback. I said I know for a fact sellers can easily have negative feedback removed.
Anyways, the argument with her went nowhere cuz she was so dumb but then the next day I recieved an obviously fake "paypal" email so I just figured the warning one was fake too 😕
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@prarie_nerd wrote:
I got one of these a long time ago. I called PayPal & 2 reps didn't know why I would have got that email since my account was in good standing & the 3rd was some dumb girl who argued that the 3 out of 300 purchases I had been ripped off on were MY fault for not reading seller feedback. I said I know for a fact sellers can easily have negative feedback removed.
Anyways, the argument with her went nowhere cuz she was so dumb but then the next day I recieved an obviously fake "paypal" email so I just figured the warning one was fake too 😕

That is a very good point. There was something about the text quoted in their message that rang a bell and now you've reminded me as to the reason. The last time I heard of this sort of thing making the rounds, it was a scam. Anyone who clicked the link in the email that came with it, was sunk. I hope the OP did not. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply