an error occurred with my family and I must cancel a bid

hello,

i had a family problem, my nephew placed a bid that i did not allow.

i would like to cancel this bid.

theproscloset , item number, 

kylax33 , item number,

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You probably have to contact the seller and ask

if they are willing to cancel your bids as your reason

to retract doesn't qualify you for a retraction.

They are not obligated to do this.

read the following link.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/bid-retract.html

In the future don't leave yourself signed into ebay

if you are not using your computer and others are

around who can use your account.

You are responsible for your acct.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'oconus...',

It sounds like you want to cancel two bids, not just one.

The only way to do this is to contact the sellers of those items and ask if they will cancel

the sale for you.  Sellers do not have to comply with this request.  So if your sellers are willing,

they will send a Cancellation request, -- and you simply click to respond then click to agree,

and the instant you do that you will no longer be responsible to pay for the items.

However, if your sellers are having a bad ebay day and are getting fed up with people who bid

on multiple items and only pay for the cheapest, your sellers may each open an Unpaid Item case

against you.

You will then have 4 days to pay, and if you do not, you will get a strike for each item on your

ebay account.  Most sellers block people with 2 or more strikes, so you will find it difficult to buy

for the next year, until the strikes disappear.  In your case, that may be a good thing.

The following link tells you more about this from ebay:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/unpaid-item.html

In future, when you are deciding what to buy, you might find 'window shopping' is a wiser route.

When looking at a listing you are considering, just below the Bid or Buy button you will see the

phrase  Add to watch list.

Click that instead.

That way you can access these items, follow along with the auction to see how the bidding goes,

but never commit to buy it, -- unless you are fully prepared to pay.

You access your Watch List from the left column of the page, or under the My eBay at the top

of the page.

And of course, always log out of your ebay account when you yourself are done shopping.  It takes

an extra second or two, but it keeps others from accessing your account.  And by all means, do

teach your nephew a bit of fiscal responsiblity. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply