any suggestions on clearing out inventory

anyone have any ideas on the best way to clear out inventory....have vintage and modern jewelry etc to clear as I am changing my line......fast

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: any suggestions on clearing out inventory

Yes. Ask little to nothing for it and people will buy it quickly. Give it away. Or start your action at $10 and hope it is bid up to an acceptable amount. 

Ebay isn't about making a quick buck anymore. It's about making something available until the right buyer comes along. If you want to make money selling something, you have to be prepared to wait for the right buyer. At least in my experience. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Perhaps check completed/sold listings fot jewelery sold in lots. They might do well...especially for the vintage ones.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Jewelry lots are probably good especially if you have a ton of stuff to get rid of.  If you list in auctions they have an end time so it gives a sense of urgency.  That "get it now or do without".  The problem with that is if you get no bids you end up relisting over and over. 

Shipping.  Keep it as low as you can.  I don't get why 2 prs of earrings can be mailed to me for less than 1 earrings & pendant combo.  If you just want rid of things put your "self insurance" fee in your item price and shipping as low as possible and ship small things without expensive tracking. 

Or roll all costs into one and call it  FREE SHIPPING.  There is actually a search option on the left of the page where buyers can look for just those items that say Free shipping. 

Do you HAVE TO get rid of it all so fast?  It's jewelry.  How much space does it take up until it sells? 

With Christmas coming up things might sell better at reasonable prices.  Can you wait 2 or 3 months?  If you have the time you could sell what you can at market prices (or just below) before Dec 25th and then in January have an "Everything Must Go" sale. 

All I can think of at the moment.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply