auction - style users

so ebay.ca  gives me  thousands and thousands of fixed price listings , but what about auction - style listings , could have given us a few free auction style listings as well.   not everybody on ebay sells with  fixed priced listings.         have a good day

Spoiler

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

auction - style users

This promotion is apparently meant to promote the new 'sell in Canadian dollars' policy which will take effect in June-- over two months from now.

It runs out on May 9, by which time eBay may hope that most active sellers will have made the switch to loonies*.

Auctions last, at the most, 10 days. Way too short for eBay's purpose.

Last year, I remember being annoyed that most of the promotions were for auction listings which I rarely use. I guess at that time they were promoting eBay as one of the very few generalist auction sites around.

*Or switched to dotCOM if they can afford to be restricted to Flat Rate shipping.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

auction - style users

@rainbow*rob wrote:

so ebay.ca  gives me  thousands and thousands of fixed price listings , but what about auction - style listings , could have given us a few free auction style listings as well.   not everybody on ebay sells with  fixed priced listings.         have a good day

Spoiler

Unless your auctions get a lot of bids why not take advantage of the promo and list some items for free with fixed price?  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

auction - style users

It looks like most of your single cards sell for 99 cents + $2.97 shipping USD.

About $3.99USD or about $4.98CDN.

This free promo would be a good time to try selling your single cards at $4,98 CDN with 'free' shipping.  And remember that just means the cost of shipping is included in the price.

Try some cards and see how your customers react.

If you normally sell several cards to each customer you could reduce the $4,98 to reflect your lower average shipping cost.

I sell postcards at $9.99 with free shipping and when I make the occasional multiple sale, I find my customers react well to an unexpected refund of part of my actual shipping cost.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply