buying shipping still not working via paypal.ca

a month or 2 ago i tried to buy and print my postage from paypal.ca and got right through to the end then it told me there was a problem and appologized for the service being unavailable, agin today i try to buy and print postage and yet again it says the service is unavailable, whats going on????? i was able to use it several months ago and now its always saying unavailable after going through to last step of paying, this is getting annoying now what gives??????

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: buying shipping still not working via paypal.ca

j44b
Community Member

Hi,

I printed postage and shipping labels today without any problem. Your firewall/anti virus may be blocking your final access

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

what do i need to look for to change it?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

edit: changing/disabling them did nothing at all
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

i have tried disabling anti virus/firewall, using chrome and i.e, changing things in the adress format in case that was causing problems, using other computers.

why is there no definitive answer as to whats causing this or working solutions to fix the problem, as i said i never had this problem until about a month ago so now im going to have to seriously up my shipping prices to take into account the increased fees and limited options by going to the post office to send anything

inconvenient in many ways, this isnt an isolated incident i see from countless searches bringing back results of others having this problem and not really getting any solutions from paypal when they can be bothered to respond

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

A few months ago there were constant problems with Paypal shipping but I haven't read about any in quite a while.  Which service are you using (light packet, expedited etc.) and which country was the label for? This could be a new problem or perhaps there is an easy fix for it.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

its going to the u.s,it happens no matter what service i try, it gets to the last step of clicking to confirm and pay the hangs for a while and just comes back with the "service unavailable" message

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

tried it again today and still this is all i get: 

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

• PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

seriously is there no solution to this? there is not really much point me selling on ebay if im going to have to dramatically up the shipping prices, if i buy the postage via paypal like i used to be able to it costs me $10.66, the same service buying at the post office costs just short of $17.

why is their no answer to this problem its very frustrating!!!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It doesn't really make sense as no else has mentioned recently that they are having the same problem. The only time in the last few months that I've had that happen is when the address wasn't quite right. At one time that would happen whenever I tried to print a Tracked Packet label unless it was the first label printed but I believe that has been fixed now.

I don't know if this will help but try printing the label at paypal.com/shipnow

You have to enter the info yourself but you will still get the discount.

I wonder if Firefox would make a difference. Or, have you tried updating your browser and/or java?

Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

no luck, going to paypal.com/shipnow does not make any difference.

i updated my java yesterday when i was having issues just incase that was the problem but didnt help, chrome is up to date, i.e gives the same results of shipping unavailable at this time.

it doesnt matter whether i try tracked or not or try different address formats incase anything is off, it just comes back as shipping not available at this time.

the last time i had to ship to the u.s i had this problem and its just leaving me to decide that i either jack up my shipping costs to cover the ridiculous prices at the post office counter or just not bother selling through ebay/paypal as its not worth the hassle especially when there is no answer as to why its not working correctly.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If you use light or small packet, it will cost the same at the counter but I realize that doesn't fix the problem. Perhaps if you report it to Paypal again they might be able to offer a solution.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply