can I remove positive feedback before I contact paypal.

drumsled
Community Member

I am getting the run around from a seller,I bought a item and it is supposed to be shipped UPS.All I have been asking for is a tracking number and he keeps putting me off has told me 2 times he will email it .Can I remove the positive feed back I posted 2 weeks ago since I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this guy. Originally it was shipped usps and he emailed me and said they sent it back to him from the border and told him there was a $100 charge so I said send it ups and I would pay the duty and brokerage fees.It has been almost a week since he informed me of this and he still hasn't sent me a tracking number but says he mailed it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

scifan57
Community Member
You can't remove or change the positive feedback you left. Most buyers wait until they actually receive the item before leaving feedback,why didn't you? You don't really need a tracking number,you've got full coverage under appeal buyer protection. If the item doesn't arrive,you can open an item not received dispute before the 45 day deadline expires and receive a full refund if the seller can't prove delivery by providing PayPal with a delivery confirmation number showing that you have received the item in question. The 45 day dispute time limit starts when you paid for the item.keep track of the time and open the dispute no later than day 43 to be safe,if the item hasn't hey arrived. The story the seller told you about the package being turned back at the border is probably B.S.. The only way that could happen is if the seller didn't fill out the customs declaration properly. How London has it been since you paid for the item? Remember the 45 day dispute time limit and don't let it expire.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Sorry,that should have said PayPal buyer protection,not appeal buyer protection.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Originally it was shipped usps and he emailed me and said they sent it back to him from the border and told him there was a $100 charge so I said send it ups and I would pay the duty and brokerage fees.

Cut to the chase with this twit. He's lying. File an Item Not Received Dispute with Paypal now and don't let him mess you around anymore.

If $100 duty was owed when USPS handled it, even more would be owed when UPS is standing on your doorstep. But we all know he hasn't sent it.

While you cannot change the positive feedback, when the dispute is completed and you have been refunded, you can add a Response to your original feedback. The most effective Response is calm and factual.  Responses can be left indefinitely.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Your seller may very well be attempting to string you along until the 45 day deadline for opening a dispute expires. Don't let it happen. Open the item not received dispute as soon as possible,no matter what the seller may tell you. Above all don't close the dispute for any reason other than receipt of the item. Once closed for any reason,a dispute cannot be re-opened. Your seller knows this and may try to get you to close the dispute by promising a refund if you do.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'drumsled',

You have a low feedback number, no star, and too many sellers see this as an opportunity to steal your money.  If what you say is so, there is certainly a good chance the seller never sent the item.

If he can email you a promise to later email you the tracking number, -- then he can email you with the tracking number. 

If it had been sent USPS, had there been $100 outstanding charge, the postal service would have passed these charges on to you.  The only charges would be duty, taxes, and Canada Posts fee of $8.50, - nowhere near $100 on a $200 item.  So it would seem he did not put it in the mail.

If he had sent it UPS then yes indeed there would be brokerage fees as well, but again, you'd have heard about it when the UPS guy showed up at your door to collect.  So it appears the seller never sent it UPS.

It has been just over 2 weeks, so that's not really enough time for it to have arrived.  The only 'positive' possibility I can think of is if he mailed it, but sent it regular mail.  Just plain old First Class, - which would have no tracking number for you, yet he may fear to admit  this in case a dodgy buyer saw an opportunity to file a false 'not received' claim.  He also has a low feedback score, and crooked buyers will see this as an opportunity to take advantage of him.  So he may have sent it, - although his behaviour does nothing to inspire confidence.

Then again, maybe he never sent it at all and is hoping to delay you past the 45 day deadline.  Well, he can't now, because you know all about it.  The following link will explain how it works, at any rate:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

In my view, to be fair, -- I'd say wait a little longer to see if it shows up.  On $200 if it is sent regular mail you will doubtless have to pay charges, but you seem quite prepared for that anyway.  I believe it is far too soon to file a claim, as your only real basis for doing so at this point is evasiveness from the seller.  Why not wait another week or so to see if the item shows up?  If it were me I would wait another two, but then I do like to be fair with people. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply