cannot upload evidence photos

werkea
Community Member

this really annoys me, a seller sold me something thats totally broken and i cannot even upload pic to prove it?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the seller does not respond or does not respond satisfactorily, then open a Dispute with eBay/Paypal.

You may be required to return the item to the seller. You must use Delivery Confirmation , or you will lose the Dispute.

Contacting the seller is the first step but there are others. There are even steps that can be taken if the PP dispute is lost.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I do not understand the problem.

Why can't you send your seller an email message with the image as an attachment? The seller's email address is the one used when you sent payment.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Your pictures are probably oversize files, try resizing from multi megabyte, straight off the camera, to about 100 KB, typically about 600 pixels across.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I had a similar problem, but I didn't even get as far as you did.

I contacted the seller and there is no place to post photos.

I found the seller's email on my payment receipt and sent photos to her from there.

Problem is:  That's very easy for them to ignore and sure 'nuff:  That's exactly what she's doing.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So you can always try that.

Find the seller's email address on your payment receipt and send photos from there............... that might be all it takes for you and if that doesn't get the response it should then try going through the system again.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

If the seller does not respond or does not respond satisfactorily, then open a Dispute with eBay/Paypal.

You may be required to return the item to the seller. You must use Delivery Confirmation , or you will lose the Dispute.

Contacting the seller is the first step but there are others. There are even steps that can be taken if the PP dispute is lost.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

yes, i will definitely return them

i brought two items and they are totally different from what seller described

then after i mailed to him, he change the item description!!

this is the first time it ever happen to me

be careful people

do not trust sellers in Asia especially those in Hongkong

he has not left me feedback yet, but i left a negative to him

the item is broken, but he using tricky word saying it not

dont you calling its broken? 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

did you see my attachment? 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

no can do

i re sized them and still give me error messages 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

I do not understand the problem.

Why can't you send your seller an email message with the image as an attachment? The seller's email address is the one used when you sent payment.

There is a problem with this approach:

If it isn't entered into eBay's website, eBay employees do not have access to the resources sent as emails are not through eBay's system. If the issue is escalated, there's no evidence that the files were provided to "work it out", thus the seller can claim that they never received any proof to eBay employees.

This is why eBay's site has high majority, if not fully in most cases of the transaction running through eBay's website so if there's conflicts, it's all in eBay's database for reference for employees to use to adjudicate any issues.

@afantiques wrote:

Your pictures are probably oversize files, try resizing from multi megabyte, straight off the camera, to about 100 KB, typically about 600 pixels across.

If the files are too large or are corrupted or the like, eBay's website software should report on that instead of "Server Error". Providing dead-end error messages like this is bad design on eBay's part. In UI (User Interface) design the user doesn't care where the error happened. They want to know why it happened and how it can be fixed, not just cyclical "try again".

If a back-end processing server is down, it should be reported "There's a server down" (to which there should be logic whether or not to show an upload button at all during this time or even trying the processing), or if the file can't be processed "The image can't be processed, try X, Y and Z", simply trying again repeatedly without changing anything (making sure it's a ".jpg" file) or knowing something has been changed (server back up) is the definition of insanity and will only frustrate users.

The errors replacing the thumbnails in the OP's example are just a sign of poor programming as it doesn't answer "What went wrong" which resulted in this thread having to be posted.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I received three packages on Monday and all three boxes were damaged.  

One of the items had been poorly packaged and was broken as a result.

After way too much time emailing back and forth with photos etc., the seller insisted that I return the smashed pieces.

Today I packed up a cracked and broken item and send it to the States with tracking.

Why would a seller insist on having garbage returned before he'll refund?

I'm still annoyed.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"did you see my attachment? "

yes but that image mens nothing to me as I do not know the product.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply