collecting money from Canada Post

chuck111fishing
Community Member
Why is always a fight just to collect what they promise a $100 worth insurance. I been fight a case from months ago. They had all the info but need to send another stating they needed more. They asked for the same stuff. So send them and contact the customer which was easy. Than they turn around stated this all you get. There service provide envelop with nothing in it to a customer that had 3 fragile stickers on it. Its not this customer had no feedback he tons of positive feedbacks.

Now they stated they will only issue a certian amount sincet hey cant get a hold of the customer meanwhile i can send a email anytime of day and he replys.

Why is that we must fight and fight for mistakes they did. Yes they did send the parcel it would been nice if there was something in it.

anyways to these people would like info
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

jakeeangel
Community Member
You don't get $100 just because you paid for $100 insurance. You only get the value of the item that you can prove you paid for. It's always been that way even with your home and car insurance. You get what you can prove you paid for it and not more. Unless the item has gone up in value and it's been insured for replacement value.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

chuck111fishing
Community Member
have you ever ried to even deal with these people. Goo luck even if the item is worth $ 100.00 u still cant get without fight.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yes I have had to deal with them when they destroyed one of our shipments. I was paid what it cost to manufacture the item since it was something we produced ourselves. If it was something that we bought we would have had to give them a bill of sale for it and we would have been paid what we paid for it. Assuming of course it wasn't breakable to begin with.

Yes they can be a pain but you shouldn't expect to get $100 just because you insured it for that amount. That's just not how the system works. You only get what you can prove to them you paid or what it cost for the materials you used to make the item you sold.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

chuck111fishing
Community Member
Thanks for info and i apologize for my past remarks i been dealing with lot issues that ebay hasnt done anything about or canada post. I wish euthanasia was legal

I am sorry for my actions.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Thank you Chuck. I accept your apology. 🙂 We can all get frustrated and frazzled at times. It's understandable. If you need help just ask. You'll find people more than willing and able to help if they can.

Don't worry about euthanasia. Just scream into a pillow for a bit or kick the heck out of it. 🙂 It'll get better eventually.

The best advice I can give you is to keep doing the right thing. Offer good, quality products at good prices with good shipping costs, offer good customer service and the rest will take care of itself. Maybe that's too simplistic but you can't always operate or worry about what the other guy is doing. They may be doing something eBay illegal or unethical. Don't do that. Just keep doing what's right and take a deep breath and back away from the computer every now and then. Don't let it get you down. :)

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

1dealsavers
Community Member
Of course it is a fight - or everyone scam artist would be claiming loss from CP - if you can prove with a tracking - I have received the refund in ONE WEEK flat.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

sean_5775
Community Member
I have had a few dealings with Canadapost and other than the long time it takes for them to issue a payment on a claim, I have no complaints. They have in all cases took my word for it on the actual cost of the item to me, and sent a cheque for that amount, plus shipping charges, fuel surchage, tax, etc usually within 2 months.

Insurance is not for your profit on the item it is for actual cost so you are not out any money in the event of loss or damage.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

aa-surplus
Community Member
Hi,

remember small packet has $100.00 insurance on it and has no tracking number.
I have been with CanadaPost for along time and yes they do have some down sides BUT so does everyone so do not get mad just do up the proper paperwork and they will resolve your issue.
They always work with me to work out any issue I have and have always came though i the end.

I find it the best that you have a canadapost Rep. this makes live better for everyone one.

Regards,

Mark A
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I made a claim last year for a small packet item that went to Australia. I was paid the amount the purchaser bid. I sent them a printout of the actual auction and they paid in full.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply