description of item

The item I purchased does not respond to the description and the condition is also very bad.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

description of item

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

File an Item Not As Described dispute.

You will be required to return the item to the seller. Some sellers will accept photos showing the problem.

You are required to use a Delivery Confirmed service, which can be expensive.

Your return postage will not be refunded.

If the seller does not refund your original payment when the Canada Post website shows delivery, Paypal will refund you and go after him for their money.

You can then leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

description of item

I thought there was now a policy that if an item is not as described the seller must pay return shipping?

" If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy.  "

From http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html#shipping-charges

I hope I am right because I was just sent 2 items from the same seller in India that are very different from the photos and descriptions in the listings, and I would NOT have bought them if the listing had been truthful.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

description of item

I understand the new policy applies only for purchases made on eBay.com (not eBay.ca) for domestic (USA) transactions.

From eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/questions.html#mbg

Handling returns on eBay

Does eBay hassle- free returns apply to all items listed on eBay?

• No. Only items that have "hassle-free returns" in the returns section of the listing page are eligible. As a buyer, you must also meet the following requirements:

• You purchased the item from a listing on eBay.com.
    • You must request a full refund or replacement item, not a partial refund or exchange.
    • You paid for the item with PayPal.
    • Both the seller’s and your shipping addresses are in the US.
    • The item was listed in a category covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
    • You haven’t made an eBay Money Back Guarantee request or PayPal Purchase Protection request regarding the purchase, or requested a chargeback on the credit card associated with your PayPal account.
    • You haven’t been suspended from the eBay hassle-free returns process.
    • You initiate a return within the seller’s stated return window.
    • You return the item in the same condition as you originally received it.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

description of item

description of item

I understand the new policy applies only for purchases made on eBay.com (not eBay.ca) for domestic (USA) transactions.

The Money Back Guarantee program is available for all purchases made on .com so anyone shopping on .com can file a claim through the MBG.  The information that you quoted is from the Hassle Free Returns Program which is is not the same thing as the MBG program and as you said, it is for domestic transaction in the U.S. only.

The MBG program is now available on .ca for items purchased on Oct 1 or later but according to the info, buyers can't open claims using it until sometime in November. (so I'm not sure how that makes it 'available now' although that's what the info says)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply