does ebay care if I close my account or am I just a number?

I sense from dealing with customer support that they don't have the time to look into issues.  I haven't had to deal with customer support before since almost all of my purchases have been good.  Does anyone else find it difficult to deal with customer support?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The general opinion around here is that they are idiots who can barely read the scripts they parrot.

What's your problem?

Most difficulties can be handled by the robots in the Resolution Centre, but the busybodies experienced members who hang around here are happy to help when we are not playing Pokemon Go or flirting with the cute guy by the Slushie machine.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is it safe to assume you called Customer Service and got the off-shore group? While I find them to be exceptionally polite at that call centre, it seems to me that they are working under inhospitable conditions without resources available to let them solve problems. Like computer monitors. Or individual cubicles. 

If you feel strongly about solving your problem or even just venting, try us here at the member-to-member board.

Or the Wednesdays Weekly Chat with ebay Staff member Raphael. Join the Weekly Board Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Lately, he has been leaving the thread open overnight so as to allow more people to participate. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've dealt with Customer Service quite a few times. Most of the time I have dealt with people from other countries like the Philippines & they are clueless & give you the wrong information. I find if you get a North American person it is better. When I get the run around I always ask for a supervisor & have had most of my issues resolved. But it can be very frustrating getting help.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm trying to resolve a problem with Customer Service right now. 

I use their Call-Back Feature to avoid waiting on hold for the rest of my life. You know, when they promise to call you back when an agent is available and you don't lose your spot in the queue. 

I got that 'call back' within eight minutes, as promised. I have now been on hold, however, for 21+ minutes to wait to speak to an actual person. "Please continue to hold for the next available agent" interspersed with "Thank you for calling; someone will be with you in a moment" which I've now heard 20 times each. Wasn't that supposed to be when you called me?

Unfortunately, I don't think I can 'hold' it any longer. (I need to tinkle.) 

Twenty-four minutes on hold now after the call-back. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I hung up at minute 26 and called back about an hour later and got a CRS immediately who FIXED my problem. Yay!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They do not care and you are just a number, we all are. Before contacting them just hit yourself in the head with a heavy piece of wood, the result will be the same, a headache.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply