e-bay gift certificate

devli.eri
Community Member

Is it possible to purchase an ebay gift card/certificate here in Canada?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

e-bay gift certificate

Hello 'devli.eri', 

<<Is it possible to purchase an ebay gift card/certificate here in Canada?>>

There seems to be too many problems associated with doing so to make it a truly wise idea for a 'gift'.  Imagine giving someone something they long for but cannot possibly access to use.  At the moment, the gift certificate thing seems to work best for American ebayers.  

I found this link about it if you want to have a look.  The whole issue about gift certificates came up and this is what the ebay rep had to say, and I don't believe the situation has improved since:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/Weekly-Board-Hour-May-Special-Edition/m-p/301725#M23...

If you are uncomfortable buying for others and prefer they choose their own gift, what about a pre-paid credit card which many members have used successfully on ebay?  

And whilst cash is top on the list of  'no thought'  presents, I've yet to encounter anyone who was displeased by it.  You can ask the recipient to tell you what she bought with it, what 'gift' she decided on.  

I understand the difficulty having to buy for others, but in light of the problems currently associated with gift certificates on the Canadian site, it may be wiser to simply use the 'send money' link to put the cash in the person's paypal account (assuming she has one) and explain that it is to buy herself something fun on ebay.  

Would that work?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply