eBay Announces Kijiji: Please let us know your feedback here

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
eBay Launches International Classifieds Websites

We would like to announce our launch of online classifieds Web sites in select international markets. Launched under the brand Kijiji, which means “village” in Swahili, the Web sites offer people in the same city a convenient way to meet, have fun, share ideas, and trade various goods and services.

Kijiji is now available in more than 50 cities in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. In Canada, Kijiji is available in French only in Montreal and Quebec City. From building friendships and trading large appliances to talking about the city’s best restaurants or looking for a babysitter, Kijiji is designed to help people connect.

We encourage you to visit the Kijiji site, post a classified, and tell us what your experience has been. Is it easy to use? Do you like the site? Would you use Kijiji?

Kijiji

eBay Pink, Kitty will be reading this thread and answering your questions.

Regards,
Carly
Message 1 of 295
latest reply
294 REPLIES 294

Re: eBay Announces Kijiji: Please let us know your feedback here

Today, Jan 28, 11 out 16 vehicle ads are scams. 83% of ads are lying, cheating, stealing scammers.
Photobucket
Message 281 of 295
latest reply

trinkets4muses
Community Member
We posted a couple of cars for sale and ended up with a flood of emails from idiots. Waste of time really.
Message 282 of 295
latest reply

abnormalshopper
Community Member
Kijiji is THE BEST

ONline Classified type service makes searching for things so much easier. I have made several transactions on Kijiji and have never been disappointed with the way it facilitates business.
Only negative aspect might be for people who lack transportation- not often I met someone willing to ship an item. Most transactions done in person, so keep that in mind.

Otherwise, thank you Swahili village:-D
Message 283 of 295
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
The saahili village name appears to be on the way out
http://rentbits.com/blog/kijiji/kijiji-to-change-name-to-ebay-classifieds
Message 284 of 295
latest reply

lmaysk
Community Member
As long as it is still free, they can call it whatever they like.
Message 285 of 295
latest reply

I have lost count of how many Kijiji auto ads i have reported, scamming scum....

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
Message 286 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
I hope eBay doesn't rename it, people have gotten used to this kijiji name already, its pretty successful. Have a nice day! 🙂
----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 287 of 295
latest reply

scruffyhampsters
Community Member
If they rename it eBay classifieds more people are going to get confused thinking it is eBay.

Message 288 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
You are right WIlbur LOL, and we wouldn't want that eh hahaha. I know people who use it that say they'd never consider using eBay, and they didn't know eBay owned it. Have a nice day! 🙂
----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 289 of 295
latest reply

scruffyhampsters
Community Member
We already have people who buy through Kijiji and when the sale goes bad they come to these boards to complain.

Message 290 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Really? I've been coming to this board for many years and have read complaints on just about every store and site so thats nothing new eh. Have a nice day! 🙂
----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 291 of 295
latest reply

There's always someone around complaining about this and that.............that's life. 😉
Message 292 of 295
latest reply

nicki9912
Community Member
and bird lover arrives to complain about complainers

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 293 of 295
latest reply

quartetman
Community Member
Can you people read? It does NOT say "In Canada, Kijiji is only available in French."

It says that in Montreal and Quebec City Kijiji is available in French!

It is available in English.... EXCEPT in Montreal and Quebec City... where it is offered in FRENCH!

Doh!!!!!
Message 294 of 295
latest reply

puppco
Community Member
Dear Carly,

I am sending this letter to inform you that I do not support the sale of live animals on Kijiji, and to ask that you ban this practice.

As you probably know, this country is teeming with homeless pets. Local shelters and rescues are overflowing and underfunded, while our city pounds euthanize thousands of pets every year. What you may not realize is the extent to which you are contributing to this issue.

Pet rescues are working tirelessly to help one animal at time, by providing necessary care, and by pairing the right pets with the right owner. But Kijiji is proving to be one of the biggest hurdles by allowing puppymills and backyard breeders to sell any pet to any person. Many of these pets eventually end up in rescue or shelters because they were sold, like objects, to people who weren’t equipped to deal with them.

Please stop allowing people to peddle pets on Kijiji. As of now, you are part of the homeless pet problem.
Message 295 of 295
latest reply