eBay Reverses Unpopular Change to Markdown Manager

1 REPLY 1

eBay Reverses Unpopular Change to Markdown Manager

I wasn't aware of this issue, but it does make sense that in some cases the Markdown Manager would conflict with the Best Offer auto-decline feature. 

I use Markdown Manager quite often, but usually not on items with Best Offer.  I assume from this report though that MM is back to full functionality?

What really caught my attention in this eCommerce report was the following:

The entire incident highlights eBay's communications problems, and it vowed to give sellers notice of changes in the future in a post on Facebook:

"On Friday October 3, eBay implemented a change to Markdown Manager that prevented sellers from adding Best Offer items to their Markdown Manager promotions. We are rolling back that change over the coming days. We are committed to ensuring that these features work smoothly for both sellers and buyers. We will give sellers advance notice of changes. Meanwhile, we apologize for any inconvenience."

So, are we sellers now expected to check Facebook to find out what is going on within eBay?  And since when has eBay ever given sellers notice of changes except perhaps for major policy changes?  I've never understood why they can't use their brilliant programming people to put a seller notice banner up somewhere prominently on this site where we would all see it every day.  (And I'm not referring to the site Announcements section, which is more or less buried several flights down).  I'll be interested to see if eBay follows through with this promise to "give sellers advance notice of changes".  Haha!!  Woman LOL

Message 2 of 2
latest reply