eBay SELLER'S USER ID not on shipping labels

gdw9042
Community Member

IT WOULD BE GREAT, if the sellers would "HAVE TO PUT THEIR eBay USER ID" on the shipping label, so that I could know what the item IS [before opening it], in case there is a PROBLEM with the product or order, and I need to mail it back using "RETURN TO SENDER".

[ If ebay was "in tune" with its members, it would be an awesome website! ]
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have to ask! How would you know you need to send back a product that there is a problem with if you haven't opened the parcel and checked the item first?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Actually, there is an easy way of matching the seller's address to his/her eBay ID without opening the package (although the poster above has a point about how you could possibly know there is a problem without opening the parcel). 

Go to your "Purchase History" page, find picture of the item you purchased, and you will see the seller ID next to it.  Click on "See Order Details" to the right of the item, and the seller's address will be shown on the invoice/order sheet. 

Unless you've purchased dozens of items at a time from dozens of different sellers, it should be a simple matter to match up the sender address on the parcel to the seller's ID. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

This isnt going to have support from sellers being no seller would even want to sell to someone who might already be thinking about returning it before its opened

The idea of marking something "return to sender" isnt to get free canada post service for something that was properly delivered and accepted

But Canada Post changed its policy a few years ago to charge the original sender the original rate again for returned parcels(anything other then lettermail).  It might not always happen but they intend to, so that doesn't save any money

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Each parcel has a return address

and the size of the parcel should tell a buyer what is in the parcel,

unless you buy  100's or 1000's of items on ebay each month

------------------------------------

People are getting better with phishing emails.

Putting an eBay ID with a seller's name on a parcel is asking for  someone to pick the name and ID,  and using it to go phishing....

Many seller's put an invoice within the parcel.....

and some vbuyers do lose track of what has been bought...

------------------------------------

I keep records of each sale... for my records....

Perhaps  each buyer should do the same  and  check off  each item as received  based on the return address.....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply