eBay Will Not Let Me Create a Combined Invoice Anymore?

zak199
Community Member

Hello all 🙂

I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this- I am unable to create an invoice for multiple items as of yesterday.

This has been working for years- first time I have this problem.

I have checked all my settings- nothing has changed from before.

Just wondering if this is a general problem, or if eBay's programmers picked me out for a special gift]:)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I did one a couple hours ago, it was ok....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did any of the items that were purchased have "Immediate Payment Required"?  I got caught with this a couple of years ago, thinking it would help me to avoid non-paying bidders, but it prevented purchased items from being combined (to save the buyer shipping).

What I ended up doing was asking the buyer to pay for the items one by one, and I refunded the shipping difference.  I now only use "Immediate Payment" for particularly expensive items. 

If this isn't the explanation, I'm afraid I have no idea.  I did prepare a combined invoice 3 days ago with no problem.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Were all the items listed on the same ebay site? 

If you have an item listed on ebay.com and one listed on ebay.ca you can not combine the invoice as they are from 2 different sites.

I ran into this problem when I switched from ebay.ca to ebay.com and a buyer would buy something from both sites.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There could be two causes for this problem (if the buyer has not yet paid for any of them)

1) the listings were originally listed on different sites (eBay.ca and eBay.com for example)

2) the listings were listed on the same site (eBay.ca) but in different currencies (US$ and Cdn$)

In either instance, it is not possible to combine invoices on eBay.

Two solutions:

1) send a PayPal invoice combining all items in the currency of the buyer's country (Cdn$ in the buyer is Canadian; US$ if the buyer is American).  You will have to make manual adjustment in your "my eBay" or "selling manager" to indicace payment has been made

2) send two invoices - one for each site or currency.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

zak199
Community Member

Excellent Pierre:-)

That is it- I somehow have some lots priced in US & others in Can.

Thank you very much & thanks to everyone else who replied.

Would never have figured it out:^O

Message 6 of 6
latest reply