eBay educating buyers about DSR's?

lina-mallows
Community Member
I ran into this ''ADVICE???'' today when leaving feedback from an item purchased from SPAIN:

''This was an international transaction. Please remember, it may take longer and cost more to ship an item internationally.''

Has anyone run into other or similar ''advice'' to buyers when leaving feedback?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Yes. This is shown for cross-border & international transactions.

Susan
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
Yes all the time and it is not enough please read my new post :

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=500035412
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
I can't believe that any message, or number of messages, sent is as an effective reminder as the ones recently posted by eBay.

We collectively (as sellers) can point out all we want that the items are being shipped from CANADA- and that we have NO CONTROL over Custom's and other delivery issues.

HOWEVER- at the end of the day- when the buyer is about to leave feedback- this REMINDER ''This was an international transaction. Please remember, it may take longer and cost more to ship an item internationally.'' is right there. in their face, and pretty tough for any buyer to ignore.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hmmmmm. I buy from the US all the time and have never seen this reminder...not once!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
craftycatsattic- exactly!
That's why I was so surprised, I posted this here.

Does eBay possibly not consider purchased made between Canada and the US to be worthy of such a notice?
This 'caveat' appeared related to an eBay.COM purchase from a seller in SPAIN.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

They should most definately include that message for ALL CROSS BORDER transactions.

I am in total agreement!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I see the message when I purchase from buyers in the States. As well, our oldest daughter, who buys from the States quite a bit sees it all the time.

Susan
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
Depends on which site you are logged onto. Why would you get a message about international transactions from the US if you are logged onto the US site?

C.G.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply