eBay's Dirty Tricks. banned info

eBay's Dirty Tricks
You are reading a page that has been censored by eBay. Not sure how long it will remain up... but I hope this good samaritan can pass along some unwritten rules about eBay.
eBay is about making money, it is not about being treated fairly and kicking out the fraudsters. Do not expect to be treated fairly by eBay, they are here to make money. Profit before people.

eBay's dirty tricks.

notice "You have been logged out" after you send in complaints (this can last for days and may require a call to eBay. This is punishment for reporting their protected crooks) you have exceeded max replies today, try tomorrow (even if you no replies, you'll get this after filling complaints) you have exceeded your max messages for today (same as above, usually lasts 48hr or more and may require a call to eBay to unblock) blocking you from filing a claim on the last day sending you surveys before your claim is settled (answer in eBay's favor or risk no action)

Feel free to add to the list before it gets 'removed' from some bogus reason. Do not add you disagree.

If I don't respond assume I am blocked

I'm a bright Bright and I live to expose fraud and BS! I am not a truther, birther, libertarian.
Little cheaters cause big problems.
Buyer Beware, sellers may bully you here under aliases. Be an honest, skeptical and reasonable buyer.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay's Dirty Tricks. banned info

"eBay is about making money"

That is correct.

The same applies to sellers.  They are here to sell their products and make a profit.  Nothing wrong with that.

Your message seems to complain about you filing claims against sellers.  Somehow, I see you have only left positive feedback for all transactions with your sellers.

Where is the problem?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

'I live to expose fraud and BS!"

Too bad - there are so many other pleasant things to do for yourself and other people in life.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Luke 6:42

Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Can I join your ignore list?

Can I please Please

Huh Huh Huh

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

From reading the original post I think you mean you were sending too many complaints to ebay and they blocked you.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  It is wise to be polite with them as they do not tolerate harassment from sellers.  Instead of listening to your complaints they will then ignore them.

You get further with sugar than you do with vinegar.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

My, my!!  I just read your About Me page.

BTW...sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

I wish I had the kind of power you attribute to power sellers.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I see the OP does not like those who disagree with him !

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I had a little laugh when I read this on the OP's 'About Me' page

"I expect and deserve feedback upon payment"

lolol

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I reread your post and I'll be darned if I can understand it.  You have quote marks then parenthethies within the text.  What are the "dirty tricks" and what is the "banned info". 

This is like listening to a politician. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

There have been times when I've been on the phone with ebay all day frustrated beyond belief............

It sounds like you've been there too.

However, ebay does try very hard to be fair while at the same time keeping us in line with a complicated system of rewards and punishments.

Ebay has grown too complex and huge to be truly fair and so it falls short all too often.

But.......... you have to hand it to them.......... on the whole they do a pretty good job of it.

Who would have thought?

Bottom Line:

When they say jump, we say how high.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I have read the OP about me page as well. I see you have "Terms" for your sellers to follow? A buyer cannot dictate terms to a seller, it's the other way around. Sellers each have their own terms of sale. You cannot tell a seller they have to leave you feedback immediately, or to mark an item as shipped. Some sellers leave feedback, some do not, just as some buyers leave feedback and some do not. It's a personal preference, same goes for the mark item as shipped option. Just because the option is there, doesn't mean you have to use it, it is an "option" after all.

I also find it hard to read your post and understand what the actual problem is. Sounds like you were harassing ebay to me, and about what exactly? I feel the sarcasm (if I'm reading it correctly) towards Pierre wasn't called for.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I never understand why someone would stay somewhere if they do not like it when there is no one making them stay.

In other words, why doesn't OP close their account since they're so sure ebay is out to get them?

Unhappy people expect everyone else to share in their misery and cannot comprehend why no one does.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

The incredible shrinking thread

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

pinwizprice
Community Member

In the last month I ve have won 2 auctions .. And had checked previously about shipping costs... They responded with estemates but after auctions ended costs skyrockets. 10 bucks for buble wrap on a 10 items postage was 6.50 ish.. Give me a break. put a reserve n stop hiding last minute costs...

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

a new inventive punishment error from eBay while trying to access the forums.

Error
[Invalid field value for field "categoryID".]

I'm a bright Bright and I live to expose fraud and BS! I am not a truther, birther, libertarian.
Buyer Beware, sellers may bully you here under aliases. Be an honest, skeptical and reasonable buyer.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

"Error
[Invalid field value for field "categoryID".]"

That will happen when you try to answer a post or a thread which has been pulled. It may also happen if there is a need at the time for the user to sign in.

Being "pulled" does not mean eBay or LiveWorld (its agent) pulled it.  Many posts and/or threads are self-reported by their authors.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Luke 6:42

Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Cool Hand Luke:

What we've got here is failure to communicate

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

it is quite eye opening to see sellers here resort to such bad behavior: insults, harassment and false flagging 

and then blame the target of abuse.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply