eBay stole my money.

momosworld
Community Member
So after winning that 3rd place eBay Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2005, I was awarded $1500 in ANYTHING POINTS. There was absolutely NO EXPIRY on this in my PayPal account.

Showed Expiry: None

SO I still had about $800-900 left in the account to date. I went to use it yesterday and its not there, I just used it 2 months ago with no problems, called PayPal and the rep said, it ended on July 31 this yr. Was there an email sent to the people with Anything Points?

Regardless, it said, NO EXPIRY on the PayPal site and then she said, well anything points haven't been offered for 2 yrs, I agreed. But then asked why in PayPal on the left hand side does it say, Gift Certificates & Points still?

SO I'm $800-$900 out and once again to eBay. After Paying over $20k a month in PayPal fees for our accounts, I think the least they can do is give me my own money back. Money does not expire.

Very angry at the moment,
Moez

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay stole my money.

jakeeangel
Community Member
Sorry to hear that Mo but there were several notices that the Anything Points would expire on the site, in PayPal and I did get an email on it as well. It was in the announcment section.

It sucks big time and I'm sorry you lost your money but there were notices. :(

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

momosworld
Community Member
Well thats exactly it, I asked the rep, go into my eBay account and show me the email that was sent to me. Silence. I did not receive any and I never check announcemtn boards, its should have either been emailed to my direct email, eBay messages or a call from my PayPal account manager and i did use it about 2 months ago to make a purchase, also it say no expiry in that section of the expiry which is my main concern, then just vanished.

Bottom line is money is money and cannot expire regardless of what they say.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

jakeeangel
Community Member
Well since you have account reps for eBay and PayPal they damn well should have told you that it expires! Totally agree with you on that one. X-(

I think the email I got was only because I signed up with the the Group on .com to get announcements emailed to me. It wasn't a personal email.

I would think too that since you used them not that long ago there would have been a reminder of them being discontinued somewhere. 😞 I'm so sorry. That's not milk money!!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

momosworld
Community Member
I know, just spoke to my eBay account rep and she said she'll look into it and that it shouldn't have expired on me like that....we'll see I guess.

I know I could have run down the street for a couple min throwing $20s in the air to people...
Or used it as pillow fluff... possibilities are endless.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

katiusciav
Community Member
they should recognize their mistake and give you the 800-900 back...you know-the .000000000000000000000000000002% of what they make in any minute of any day of any week of any month....you get the point...keep on it, get the right person and i'm confident they'll do the right thing...good luck...
Kat
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

whoscloset
Community Member
😞 That sux!

Monique

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

THIS IS A STICK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAND OVER ALL YOUR MONEY AND I AM USING A GLAD GARBARGE BAD SO FILL IT FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

Typo Garbage Bag!!!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
I'm surprised an eBay rep hasn't addressed this board yet...
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

:-D My morning chuckle ....
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

momosworld
Community Member
I received a call from my PayPal rep yesterday, seems it was both an eBay and PayPal issue but eBay messed up big time.

Seems they were supposed to send an email to all points customers and let them know that they would expire shortly, but that email was never sent.

So now they are just trying to figure out exactly how much money I had in my account, I had about $800-900, I think they should give me a cool $1000 for my trouble 🙂

Moez

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

jakeeangel
Community Member
And bloody well make sure you spend it!!! FAST! 😉 :-p

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

Hey, you can buy a round for the PS'ers!!
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

katiusciav
Community Member
i like margaritas!! (low on the salt please) B-)
Kat
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

eBay stole my money.

momosworld
Community Member
You name the time & place and its on me!

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 16 of 16
latest reply