ebay selling limits

Hi there.  I have a premium store and have a limit of being able to sell up to 2,500 items or up to C $95,500.00 per month.  I clicked on the "increase your selling limits" link and it brings me to a "contact us" page where you have to call them.  So, I did and I was told by the automated system that I don't have any selling limits on my account besides the "usual" 2500 or $95,500 limit.   

How are others able to have more than 2500 items in their store per month?  Because even my listed items that haven't sold yet count against my "selling limits".  

If I upgrade my store subscription, would the selling limits change?  Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: ebay selling limits

You can list as many items as you wish.

The "limit" you see is for "free listings"  If you list more than your "limit" you pay a listing (insertion) fee for every additional listing.

For more information:  http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No... I get 500 "free" listings per month.. and there IS a limit on my account which is a total of 2500 and it includes items I've sold and items I currently have listed in my store... attached is a screenshot of what I see under My Ebay.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Are you speaking of the 'free' listings that are included in the monthly store subscription? Or are you speaking of your 'individual seller selling limits'? 

The latter is Monthly Selling Limits and it's on your Selling Manager Summary page, or can be if you seek to display it.

I have merely a Premium Store Subscription but my Monthly Selling Limits are much, much higher than the number of 'free' listings allotted and do not make mention of a dollar value so that leads me to believe you are speaking of seller account limits. Those are increased gradually and incrementally as a reward for problem-free sales. (Or limited due to same.)

Your seller account limits won't change to meet your store subscription limits, they are separate matters entirely.

If I were you, I would call ebay back and speak to a Customer Service Rep for clarification as to what your actual monthly seller limits are so that you don't waste money on a hefty store subscription that you cannot fully utilize.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No, I'm not speaking of the free listings I get monthly with my subscription.. I'm aware that they are completely different.  When I started with ebay (like 8 years ago) they put limits on my account and as I went along, they were gradually increased.  I have a good selling record, so not sure why there is such a limit on my account... but thank you.  I shall give them a call back and talk to an actual representative about this.  I just wasn't sure if anyone else came across this at all and had some advice on how it got fixed for them.

Thanks again. 🙂 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Considering that you have only covered half your listing "quota" for the month, it may be preferable to contact eBay to raise your limit once you approach it.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've just inquired a huge amount of inventory.. well over my limits worth.. that's why I'm kinda stressed about this limit.  LOL  I'll be contacting them though and talk to an actual person.  Thank you 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Early in selling, I called to ask my monthly account selling limits be increased and I was outta luck. I got the whole speech and didn't disagree with it but, as I recall, my problem at the time was a big load of unpaid item cases from one buyer which counted toward meeting my limits despite my not having been paid for any of them. It was a big disappointment to me at the time. If I recall correctly, the matters they take into consideration are time spent selling with ebay, complaints and feedback and now probably defects. It's probably all decided by bots. But best of luck to you. You never know, it may merely be a glitch. I see some with my account activity today too. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@geeked.out wrote:

I've just inquired a huge amount of inventory.. well over my limits worth.. that's why I'm kinda stressed about this limit.  LOL  I'll be contacting them though and talk to an actual person.  Thank you 

I know sellers 'allowed' ten times the monthly selling account limit you've mentioned. Ebay will talk to you about Growth Management and Exceeding Buyer Expectations. Be ready for it. Best of luck with your newest endeavour. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I forget exactly what transpired, but,  a few years ago I was at what ever limits. I really do not remember. I wanted more so I called. They could see I already had the sales volume to justify an increase, so, I answered a few questions and my limit was increased.

A couple years later, Again, I don't remember, all of a sudden my limits were at 9450 and $207,000. I had not asked, they simply did it.

Phone and talk to someone. Be prepared to rationalize why.

Listing takes up bandwidth and computer space. Selling creates money. A lot of people list and never sell. eBay likes to see sales.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 10
latest reply