ebays resolution center is a joke.

Well, I bought a couple of items from a seller in china (no big deal, I do all the time) but for this one I was unlucky enough to not receive it within the 4 weeks I should have.  I open a case and the seller offers to resend the items on the 4th of august, and then just last night I receive a note from ebay saying my case was closed due to inactivity.  I'm waiting for my resent item!  Why would you close my case?

A phone call to ebay and they say I should have escalated sooner, and there is nothing they can do now that it is closed.

I am currently going through paypal to get my money back, but ebay was no help whatsoever.  Their time frames are just to short for Chinese items to get to me.

Grr.  Is there something I'm missing here?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's best just to get a refund when an item doesn't show up. I've heard many stories about how an international seller will

say they are sending another item because the first one didn't get delivered and the second one doesn't arrive either.

Both ebay and Paypal have timelines about long a case stays open and when one can be opened and they aren't set up to just sit and wait for another month or so after the case has already been opened.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yea.  Paypal came through for me so I am reordering from another seller (china again).  I'll chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.  I'll know how to deal with these (hopefully few and far between) situations in the future.

I can't even leave him a neg.  Makes me wonder how may bad deals go down with no feedback.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply