echeck

stancad
Community Member

HELLO,

I SEE A LOT OF MEMBERS ASKING ABOUT SELLERS NOT EXCEPTING ECHECK.

DON'T THEY KNOW?

I'M AFRAID THAT IF I WANT AN ITEM FROM A SELLER AND THEY SAY " PAYPAL ONLY " THEY WILL REFUSE THE ECHECK.

I MESSAGED ONE SELLER AND ASKED IF THEY EXCEPT ECHECK, AND THEY REPLIED " PAYPAL ONLY ".

I'M CONFUSED AS ALWAYS.:_|

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: echeck

If they take paypal, - and in order to sell on ebay they have to take paypal, - then they take echeques.  They cannot refuse an echeque.

It takes a few days to clear (5-10 seems to be the going rate) and hence sellers don't like them.  However, you do not need to ask if they take them.  Your seller may have thought you meant a personal cheque.  Plenty of sellers take those, too.

So if you see something you like, and have read the listing and everything is good, buy it if you want to.  If you have no cash in your paypal account (hmmm, I'm having déjà vu) your payment will be in the form of an echeque.  But it will be a payment, and when it clears, the item will be on its way.

I could say something about transferring sufficient amounts of money from your bank to your paypal account, but . . . .  🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

*laffs!*  You're wonderful!:^O 

But I truly believe you do yourself a disservice this way.  It continues to create such obstacles.  More importantly, when you are out for a beautiful stroll in Angrignon and a herd of wild giraffes stampedes through and tramples you to death, - your aggrieved loved ones will be able to get the money because your bank will have it transferred back upon proof of your death.  It will take at least a year for all the dust to settle, of course.

In my view it is folly to carry on this way as it impedes the life you have now.  You only get what's left of this one.  To worry about who gets a few bob after you're dead is needless.  You have a will?  In it you have specified the SoAndSo Bank, and you can ask at the bank if they feel it necessary to make a note of any monies in a paypal account, but I am sure they will tell you it is not.  No matter, you can do it anyway.  But after you're dead, the lawyers and the banks handle everything, and I promise you they will get every cent they can.  Haha, your siblings will see to that! 😄

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If they take paypal, - and in order to sell on ebay they have to take paypal, - then they take echeques.  They cannot refuse an echeque.

It takes a few days to clear (5-10 seems to be the going rate) and hence sellers don't like them.  However, you do not need to ask if they take them.  Your seller may have thought you meant a personal cheque.  Plenty of sellers take those, too.

So if you see something you like, and have read the listing and everything is good, buy it if you want to.  If you have no cash in your paypal account (hmmm, I'm having déjà vu) your payment will be in the form of an echeque.  But it will be a payment, and when it clears, the item will be on its way.

I could say something about transferring sufficient amounts of money from your bank to your paypal account, but . . . .  🙂

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

stancad
Community Member

Hello dmi,

I know,I know, I should have money in my PayPal.

I do have money there, but I don't want too much, just in case I get hit by lightning,lol or something else, then my brothers and sisters won't be able to get it back,lol.

see my piont.

So I keep it in the bank so PayPal does not get didlie swat.lol.

Thanks , my friend.:-D

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

*laffs!*  You're wonderful!:^O 

But I truly believe you do yourself a disservice this way.  It continues to create such obstacles.  More importantly, when you are out for a beautiful stroll in Angrignon and a herd of wild giraffes stampedes through and tramples you to death, - your aggrieved loved ones will be able to get the money because your bank will have it transferred back upon proof of your death.  It will take at least a year for all the dust to settle, of course.

In my view it is folly to carry on this way as it impedes the life you have now.  You only get what's left of this one.  To worry about who gets a few bob after you're dead is needless.  You have a will?  In it you have specified the SoAndSo Bank, and you can ask at the bank if they feel it necessary to make a note of any monies in a paypal account, but I am sure they will tell you it is not.  No matter, you can do it anyway.  But after you're dead, the lawyers and the banks handle everything, and I promise you they will get every cent they can.  Haha, your siblings will see to that! 😄

Message 4 of 4
latest reply