forced to buy an item that is posted that is not as described

I want to close my account since I get no help, no replies with an issue of a seller who is selling a product that is not as described , now I have a case against me.. I was about to buy-then I asked the seller to pls check and see if the DVD is an ALEXANDER FU SHENG movie, he checked said sorry but the dvd was wrong and it was a Jackie Chan movie, so I messaged many times to pls cancel- then I get an email saying I have a case against me (I DONT WANT TO BUY THIS DVD-IT IS WRONG-NOT AS DESCRIBED BY THE SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I have an excellent buying record and now this is happening to me WHY???? Why do I have to buy a wrong item-it is very misleading and wrong, and why dont I get replies back, I was polite at the begining but now this is very upsetting, the movie was called MASTER OF DISASTER and listed as a Alexander Fu Sheng movie-but it is not!!! I want this case closed against me and I want my ebay account closed

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

mcrlmn
Community Member

You say the listing states that the item is an 'ALEXANDER FU SHENG movie' and that's what you thought you were buying.

If it isn't described it as such, you should have contacted the seller prior to purchase.

Anyway...

Sellers can't open an Unpaid Item Case until after 4 days since the sale.

I assume that period has lapsed.

Once an Unpaid Item Case is opened you have up to 4 days to contact the seller via the Resolution Centre to make another arrangements or request a cancellation.

If you have proof that you paid for the item before an unpaid item case closes, you can appeal the unpaid item by filling out the online unpaid item appeal form.

You can also contact customer service.

The last alternative is to pay, wait for delivery, then open a claim for Item wasn't as described,if the listing states that the item is an 'ALEXANDER FU SHENG movie, and isn't.

If the dispute is resolved in your favor, the seller is required to pay for return shipping with tracking, and upon return refund you in full for the original purchase and S&H.

He/she may just decide to refund you and walk away.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you don't pay for the movie you don't want, you will get a Strike against your account.

If this is the first time you have ever received a Strike, you can ask Custormer Service to remove it.

They do this on the basis that anyone can make a mistake and learn from it.

If you have already received a Strike, the new one is not removeable. Further, you will find that most sellers has an automatic Block against bidders who have two or more Strikes.

If you already have two or more Strikes, at some point eBay will close your buying account. They don't publicize how many is 'too many' but best guesses are four.

It is also possible that your seller cannot figure out how to cancel your purchase and is allowing the Unpaid Item Dispute to do it for him.

If you lose the UID, you will not be able to leave feedback.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply