has anyone had an item lost at global shipping center

7 REPLIES 7

What do you mean "lost"?  If you mean it shows "delivered" to an address in Kentucky then that is normal.  From there it gets forwarded on to you but the tracking isn't always very good, if it exists at all.  The item is still coming its just that by the time the buyer hunts down some way to accurately track it, it has finally arrived. 

Can you provide more specific details about what you mean?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Personally I think tracking, which is a Seller Protection against fraudulent (or premature) Not Received claims, only make buyers jumpy.

Many disagree with me.

It takes about 20 days for an item to arrive from the USA, counting weekends and holidays. And eBay gave you a 'last estimated' arrival date. Has that passed?

If it has, you can open a dispute, but first:

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

What do you mean "lost"?  If you mean it shows "delivered" to an address in Kentucky then that is normal.  From there it gets forwarded on to you but the tracking isn't always very good, if it exists at all.  The item is still coming its just that by the time the buyer hunts down some way to accurately track it, it has finally arrived. 

Can you provide more specific details about what you mean?

Isn't that a lot of extraneous detail for a response to a "yes" or "no" question?  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Isn't that a lot of extraneous detail for a response to a "yes" or "no" question?  Smiley Wink

No. 

I think any criticism from you about extraneous detail to be a bit rich. 

Many questions can be answered with a YES or NO but it would not be at all helpful.  I also find your continued need to find someone you feel is easy to pick on to be not very helpful either.  Not to anybody.  Not to any discussion. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm sorry you were offended by my post, Vivian.  It was intended as gentle, good-natured ribbing or gentle teasing, not criticism.   Smiley Sad

Perhaps if we get saddled with the new discussion boards, they'll have fancy fonts or elaborately designed emoticons that will convey this better.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That wasn't very well worded.

My apology is for offending you with my post, not for the fact that I offended you.

Apologies for my apology.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Never anything lost but I had an iPhone seized by customs because Pitney Bowes messed up the paperwork for it. It was a pain to get a refund. Thankfully the seller was really good and I kept her informed every step of the way and made sure eBay knew it was GSP fault so the seller would not be penalized.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply