help........how do I get my items noticed. I sell good quality,honest,good,good value pricing...?

Hi everyone..... Maybe its the time of year,but I am not having much luck selling.... I sell good quality,honest descriptions of items,good value in pricing but very few lookers let alone watchers and buyers...... How do I attract buyers????ANY ideas would be appreciated..I sell mainly linens,quilts and some good quality decorative items..... thanks for taking the time to read this....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

help........how do I get my items noticed. I sell good quality,honest,good,good value pricing...?

It is slow for many sellers right now but you improving your titles might help.

For example, it looks as if you are missing the word doily in a couple of your doily listing titles.  The main purpose of the title is so that buyers can find your items so you should be using the words that people would use when searching for that particular item and of course you also want to describe specifics about the item.

It is a good idea to say what the actual item is in the first few words rather than have it as the 9th word with 8 descriptive words in front of it.

I'm not familiar with selling lines or antiques but here is an example...

Irish Linen Embroidered Tablecloth White Crocheted Edges 24" x 24"

(Your description mentions that there is no label so only write that it is Irish Linen if you know that for sure.)

There's no need to use words like beautiful, lovely etc as people are not going to use those to search and you can put them in your description.  Don't waste space by using the same word twice.

Use item specifics as much as possible as some of them can be found in search and your buyers are less likely to miss that information...especially mobile shoppers.

If you use the advanced sell your item form make use of the condition box that will show under the title. It can help to prevent a return later on as many people do not read the info in the description.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Please take a few minutes and review two recent threads that may help you get an answer to your question. 

While these threads may be unrelated to your specific question, the overall problem remains the same: buyers generally want "free shipping" as a majority (more than 50%) of listings on eBay offer "free shipping" and buyers are staying away from auction listings, preferring to purchase goods offered at fixed price for immediate shipping.

Posts # 12 and 18   https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/How-does-Best-Match-really-work/m-p/276239#U276239

Post # 4   https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Overseas-Business-Has-All-But-Stopped/m-p/276389#M34942

The trend towards fixed price and "free shipping" (or shipping included in the price) is not found only on eBay: it is pretty much what online e-commerce is all about.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is slow for many sellers right now but you improving your titles might help.

For example, it looks as if you are missing the word doily in a couple of your doily listing titles.  The main purpose of the title is so that buyers can find your items so you should be using the words that people would use when searching for that particular item and of course you also want to describe specifics about the item.

It is a good idea to say what the actual item is in the first few words rather than have it as the 9th word with 8 descriptive words in front of it.

I'm not familiar with selling lines or antiques but here is an example...

Irish Linen Embroidered Tablecloth White Crocheted Edges 24" x 24"

(Your description mentions that there is no label so only write that it is Irish Linen if you know that for sure.)

There's no need to use words like beautiful, lovely etc as people are not going to use those to search and you can put them in your description.  Don't waste space by using the same word twice.

Use item specifics as much as possible as some of them can be found in search and your buyers are less likely to miss that information...especially mobile shoppers.

If you use the advanced sell your item form make use of the condition box that will show under the title. It can help to prevent a return later on as many people do not read the info in the description.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much.....great advice for sure....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When I look at a few listings, I see only shipping for Canada. You should have a shipping option for the USA since it is 10 times the size of Canada. If you so not have a shipping option for the USA, your listing will not be seen by buyers on eBay.com.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply