hi i ordered and payed for an item ..but the seller had 0 reviews and 0 buys or sells..is it a scam

hi  if a seller has no feedback or any reviews  should i place an order for the 1 item hes selling...i bid and payed for such an item...im wondering if its a scam ..thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hi i ordered and payed for an item ..but the seller had 0 reviews and 0 buys or sells..is it a scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe just because it is the first time a person is selling that doesn't necessarily mean its a scam...I have purchased several things from fist time sellers and have had no problems at all.......a person can never be totally sure whom they are dealing with.....even sellers who have sold lots of items before can be scamming buyers....I believe the majority of sellers are basically good people and are not scammers......I would say if your really have alot of doubts about buying from a particular first time buyer then perhaps this seller is not for you....move on and buy from another seller.....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since you have already bought and paid for it, you need to wait for it to arrive. If for some reason you do not receive, you can file an item not received claim with Paypal for up to 45 days after payment. If you wouldn't mind giving us the item number of the item that you bought we might be give you an idea of when the item might arrive.

Or...it would also help if you could tell us where the seller is located and what the item was.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No feedback means that,even if the seller has made dozens of sales, none of his clients has left feedback. That's all it means.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

This situation and concern is why experienced sellers encourage newbies to do some buying before starting to list. Not only does the feedback give buyers more confidence, but it gives the new seller an idea of what her buyers will expect and what problems can arise.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply