hi i was wandering if there was anyway at all to retract a bid i got 2 dress' but they won't fit the people ordered for

rubyr81
Community Member

Hi please help i got the wrong dress'

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: hi i was wandering if there was anyway at all to retract a bid i got 2 dress' but they won't fit the people ordered for

Contact the seller and explain your problem. (She may have the right sizes in stock)

Ask for a Mutual Cancellation. If she sends you one, and she does not have to, agree promptly and leave glowing positive feedback.

This will free both of you from the transactions. She will get her selling fees back. Since selling fees run upwards of 15-20% of the selling price, this is an important point for her.

In future, if you are not sure of the measurements, put the item on Watch which is right below Bid on the listing. Then contact the seller for better information or get out your tape measure.

BTW, Chinese sellers cut small! If you are ordering directly from China, you may be safer to order a size larger than you normally wear.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: hi i was wandering if there was anyway at all to retract a bid i got 2 dress' but they won't fit the people ordered for

Hello 'rubyr',

If you have already won an auction (or clicked 'buy') and an item is in your Purchase History awaiting payment, then the only way to extricate yourself from the transaction is to contact the seller.  You cannot cancel your own orders, only a seller can do it for you.

If, however, the auction is still on and you wish remove your own bid (you can ask the seller to remove it for you as well), the following link will tell you how to do it, and there is a Bid Retraction form near the bottom you can use. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

Retracting is considered very poor performance on ebay and as such the number of retractions you make is displayed on your feedback page.  Everyone makes the occasional mistake when they're new, but in future use your Watch List to keep track of listings until you are absolutely sure the item will be perfect for you. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Too many invalid bid retractions by a member can result in sanctions from eBay and eBay considers retracting a bid because you no longer want the item to be an invalid reason for retracting a bid.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You have more retractions than feedback. You need to take bidding more seriously or you will be on a few blocked bidders lists.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply