high shipping charges

whats with the crazy high shipping charges on most items  I have sent to ebay themselves and never did I get an answer

how do they want people to buy the stuff if your going to screw people on shipping it to them like whats with that .

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

high shipping charges

"whats with the crazy high shipping charges on most items  I have sent to ebay themselves and never did I get an answer

how do they want people to buy the stuff if your going to screw people on shipping it to them like whats with that ."

What kind of shipping are these sellers offering?

It might be the Global Shipping Program (GSP) which uses a higher priced shipping combined with import fees for shipping items worth > $20 Cdn.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

high shipping charges

You'd have to be more specific but there are a few reasons why buyers may think shipping costs are high.

-Many do not realize that postal rates are based on weight and dimensions. It costs me about $5 to ship a thin paperback in province, but $12 or more if the book is more than 2 cm thick.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

-The United States is not only a different country, it is a very different country. Not only are Americans xenophobic, but they are used to cheap Confirmation of Delivery. To get that service they will opt for the Global Shipping Program (sigh, I'm not going to get into that kettle of worms), or Priority International, even though shipping to Canada is much cheaper than shipping overseas.

https://www.usps.com/ship/compare-international-services.htm?

-Some sellers will move some of the cost of their items to the shipping. This used to be a common scam but eBay moved to stop it by charging fees to sellers on their shipping charges. So the $1 item with $99 shipping became the $75 item with $25 shipping.

-Free Shipping is very common for domestic sales (ie Canada to Canada or US to US). This just means the cost of shipping is included in the price of the item. If you total shipping and asking prices you may find the deal is better than when 'Free' shipping is offered. Or not.

We're not thieves — well, we are thieves. Point is we're not takin' what's his.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 3 of 3
latest reply