how can i cancel if i dont want the item?

leiashann
Community Member

because  i already got the first one that i want and now theres one more thing that i bid on ,so now i dont want that thing anymore but im about to win it,how can i cancel it if i dont want it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

leb17
Community Member

Hi leiashann

There is a saying on ebay...

YOU BID
YOU WIN
YOU PAY

You can ask the seller to let you off the hook..but keep in mind the seller is NOT obligated to do so.

BEST.... pay for them and maybe resale it on ebay ..and who knows, you could make some money.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
You shouldn't bid on more items than you want,in hopes that you will win one of them. There is a bid retraction policy but no longer wanting the item is not a valid reason for retracting your bid. The seller can report you for an invalid bid retraction if he chooses. Too many invalid bid retractions can result in eBay sanctions. Here's eBay's bid retraction page, Here is the invalid bid retraction policy.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can ask the seller RIGHT NOW before the auction ends to cancel your bid.

Most will because who needs the hassle of chasing a non-payer. But most will also add you to their Blocked List because who needs the hassle....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'leiashann',

In future, it would be a really good idea to make absolute sure you want each and every item you bid on, and are fully committed to paying your max bid should you win all of them.

Otherwise, if you're only partially committed, just below the bid button you'll see it says Add to Watch list, - click that.  It saves the listing in your Watch List file, and the listing will stay there for ages, - long after it ends even.  You can price compare that way, and if you don't win an item you are bidding on, then you simply bid on the next one up in Watch.  If you do win the first one, then you can delete the others in Watch.  It's all so peacefully painless. 🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply