how can i get my import duties refunded on returned purchases?

i've had a few purchases on ebay in the last 12 months or so-what i need to know is how do i get my import duties refunded to me on returned defective purchases-there has been a few of them-i just receive a refund from the seller re. the item returned BUT i've never had import duties refunded to my paypal account.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't see where in ebay policies that state sellers are to refund import duties paid by the buyer. These import and duty fees are not paid to the seller so that is probably why sellers are not required to refund them. Import fees are the fees you pay your government for importing items from another country into your country. The seller would have to pay any applicable import fees when you ship the item back to them.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You will need to make a "not as described " claim to have money refunded for GSP listed items, without receiving a refund from the seller.

For non GSP listed items you need to apply to the CBSA for any tax or duty refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller would have to pay any applicable import fees when you ship the item back to them.

When you return items, mark the package "returned merchandise" so that the seller does not have to pay his own country' duty and sales tax.

When you return items, use a Delivery Confirmed service. If the seller does not refund you promptly on receipt, you can open an "Item Not As Described" dispute with Paypal and get your refund from there. PP will not refund your return shipping fees.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

was doesn't eBay respond to this forum ?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I called eBay for the same topic and they told me this money is not refundable , even if I marked the package as "Returned item", I don't know how this works legally, does anyone has any idea ?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply