Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

What are your thoughts???

I recently had someone from someone in Canada requesting a shipping rate for an auction. So I gladly sent them a rate. I am also in Canada so I use Canada Post rates for the item which is $15.32 cdn. so I quote $15.50U.S. to help cover my packing exp...

Getting Screwed once again

Hi again folks, ok here's the joke of the week ! i get an e-mail from trust and saftey accusing me of shill bidding because one customer only buys from me i have emailed them advising this customer is legit and i can prove it with visa reciepts and i...

Buyers switching addresses

Have any of you run into buyers winning items - when you invoice them, they have a USA Address but when they pay in Paypal, they've switched to a Canadian Address. The problem with that for me is I collect GST and PST when applicable and one customer...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal will only permit a FULL refund

Hi Everyone, I'm wondering what is up with PayPal. I've always been able to make a partial refund when stated shipping through eBay has been way off. This time for some reason PayPal won't let me do a partial refund. It is all or nothing. The message...

Paypal Ripping me off

What going on here with paypal, I went to transfer funds from paypal to my bank and the exchange rate is like 1.20 when our dollar is like 1.27 I can understand 2% fee but 7% what also gets me if i look at one of my Auctions it shows like .99 CAD and...

Feedback Filtering

Perhaps some already know this, but feedback ratings on UK site are clickable (and results is the filtered by that criteria). For example, I am looking at my FB on UK site: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dipmicro Now...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem with free shipping....

I am not sure what to do with a buyer who purchased and paid for 2 items and bid on a 3rd which ended 2 days later. The 3rd item had "free shipping" while the others did not. I sent the info a couple of times and then finally emailed her and politely...

Best Match : IS IT LEGAL ?

Hi, I have a few items listed at fixed price ($0.35). I checked on eBay.com (without log in) to see where my listings (ending in less than 1 day) were located in the BEST MATCH results. I browsed from page 1 to 8 and didn't found them, while items (f...

Postal Strike pickets

I drove past the London, ON sorting plant today and pickets were still up and there was a line up of Canada Post trucks being delayed. Whats happening with the strike and pickets in other cities?

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer claims he didn't win auction because he was first bidder

A buyer claims that he didn't win an auction because he did not receive a message saying that he was the winning bidder when he bid (he was only told that he was the 'first bidder') and since he did not bid up to my 'Buy Now' price that he did not wi...

new phishing letter

Just got an email, allegedly from the Ebay Vero program telling me that a listing had been removed and a handy dandy link to click on if I wanted more information. It was just addresses to Ebay member, not to me, the item number did not exist, and it...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Troubles

So I sell a buyer a cell phone. It arrives to him and it wont sync with his pc, so I told him to send it back. When it gets here, its damaged. Not damaged like the post office damaged it, but it looks like the seller threw it against a wall because h...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

So is every body Having great Holiday Sales!

Tell me folks how are your sales this Holiday Season Compared to Last year's ? Just Curios how much the Bad economy is Hitting every one Myself for the items I normally sell is way off on the other hand I got my Hands on many spools of Alu BX Copper ...

''Less than $10 per item, including shipping.'' IS THIS TOO CONFUSING ???

Deal alert: Less than $10 per item, including shipping. As eBay has added this note to many auctions- are other sellers finding that this is confusing to buyers? We have already had one buyer who took this to mean FREE shipping- as the BUY IT NOW pri...

I am so smart!

I am so smart! I am smart because, in order to save myself a lot of work, I average shipping costs for shipments within Canada. Being on the West Coast, I use Toronto as my median for shipping costs. If the buyer is further East I lose a bit. If the ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

CanadaPost - 80km in 10 days

We send a parcel from Burlington, ON on Nov.17, arrived to Niagara Falls, ON today. It was a size 4 yellow bubble-mailer send as oversized lettermail <100g. Sorting centre is in Stoney Creek, ON (half way between Burlington and Niagara). Impresive.

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Power seller and the Goverment ??

Look what I got in my inbox today? Suite à la récente décision de la Cour d'appel fédérale, il appert que Ebay va devoir remettre à Revenu Canada le nom de tous les powerseller. Nous nous permettons de vous contacter, afin de vous aviser que notre ca...

Canadians like American Dollar listings?

I've been vacillating between US and CAD dollar listings. I find that 50% of my buyers are canadian, and in fact I cater to them by offering products that are often sent from the states by UPS ground. I've found that Canadians don't seem to care what...

DSL Nightmare - HELP NEED INPUT PLEASE!

I'm hoping somebody may have some insight or experience with the issue. In October I purchased $48.53 of leaflets on ebay. The seller charged me $43.56 in shipping and was supposed to ship in 2 flat rate global priority boxes. The seller instead ship...

Buyer Threatening to Leave Negative Unless I Offer Discount!

A couple days ago I sold an item to a buyer. This is what he messaged me a few hours after the purchase was made. "Hi. I just purchased your item but I did not realize it was so expensive. I'm not sure if you know eBay's new feedback rules, but I CAN...

OFF TOPIC: We arrived in Ottawa today and our daughter....

Hi Everyone, A quick note to say hello and let you know that we arrived in Ottawa today right on time. When we got off of the train my daughter and son-in-law along with our first granddaughter, Sara, were there to meet us. Jamie said, "I love you Mo...

Seller Problems

I am having problems with a US seller. I emailed the seller asking what her combined shipping would be. She responded right away telling me $12.00 for a flat rate envelope. So I bid on several of her items. I came home the next day and had 3 differen...

I am Confused again with Paypal

I have been trying to figure out what I should set my primary currency at Paypal USD or CAD? I Have a Business account & I am in Canada and Take payments in us funds on ebay I have so much on my mind lately that I am brain dead & Can't figure out wha...

Paypal Buyer Protection is a joke!

Bought an item - never received it. Contacted seller, he claimed it was returned and would re-send and give me the tracking number. Waited another week - nothing? Fire off another note to seller - no response this time. Open up a Paypal claim - selle...

Income, Exchange rates, Free Shipping and GST

There has been a lot of talk recently about each of these topics. My question… Is Free shipping an option with my listings? First individual topics. (1) Income in US dollars… For a seller annual income of $12,000 US makes one a powerseller. In spite ...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

OK, SO WHERE IS THE 5¢ LISTING SALE FOR NOVEMBER?

I have noticed that eBay usually offers a 5¢ listing day at least once a month. Sure would be nice to see one about now, especially with Christmas coming, and the cut off dates for shipping worldwide and to the states. I would hate to have to refuse ...

CP Inside Workers on Strike...

Just in time for Christmas... now isn't that a coincidece :_| But collection and delivery carries on... Good thing they have a large warehouse here :^O

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

CANADA POST LOST A PARCEL AND IT COST ME 25% EXCHANGE

I sold an expensive item to the U.S. in late September. With shipping fees, my paypal payment for this item was approaching $600 U.S. The exchange rate at that time was 1.03 in favour of the Canadian dollar. I always calculate the exchange rate into ...

CANADA POST SMALL PACKET IS NOW $8.55 TO U.S.??

I brought several small packets destined for the United States, to our local post office this morning, which have always shipped for $6.45 in the past, and was informed that they are now shipping for $8.55!! Nothing has changed with the packaging or ...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.