how can i get my money back from a buyer scammer??

Recently i sold a very expensive camera it was my third time selling on eBay .In the same month i had two successful sales so i thought eBay should be really safe to sell.

I sent the camera on the same day as i received my payment through Paypal,And my money was hold by Payal since it was only my third sales since i registered ,i used Canada post  Xpresspost to ship to Greece..But for some reason the package was holding in Ville-St Laurent, Quebec for 1-2 weeks,so the buyer contacted me and told me he is worry about this transaction.And i told me i was more worry then him since i won't get any money from Paypal anyway if something go wrong.I told him to be patient the camera should be on its way.

After few days i checked the tracking and it was delivered,i was happy for second because it finally arrived,i immediately sent a email and asked him hows is the camera because i was worried to death since i really need the money ,but instead i received a open case email from eBay for item not as described  .So i sent a email to a buyer and wanted to know **bleep** is going on and the buyer sent me a picture which is a photo of  a different and much cheaper camera,and stated he received a different camera either i ship him a different camera to scam him or someone in the post office switched the item.And eBay ask me to make a return shipping for him which i did because if i don't eBay will refund him without any investigation.And the buyer left me a scammer and negative comment for things i didn't do why would i scam him since i won't received any money if he report me 

The thing is all he has is a empty box and one single camera picture but eBay customer service is already on his side ,and i did some research in case like this seller usually will lose,even if i receive a different item than the one i sent i still need to refund him in 3/5 days

if i don't refund him eBay will refund to him first and i will have to pay money back to eBay and my reputation will be destroy although is already destroy when he comment me as a scammer on his feedback.Is there any way i can get my money ,if i really getting a  different camera and after i refund him will i still have a chance to get my money back??

i filed a IC3 report is it helping anything??? thanks

sorry for my english

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

how can i get my money back from a buyer scammer??

,i immediately sent a email and asked him hows is the camera because i was worried to death since i really need the money ,but instead i received a open case email from eBay for item not as described  

This is always a mistake. If there is a problem the customer will let you know.

And eBay ask me to make a return shipping for him which i did

How did you do this? Did you use Paypal's Send Money? If so, and I believe it is the only way, put the PP transaction number in the Dispute.

Then wait for the arrival of ... something.

If the scammer sends something with your money, eBay will refund you your fees and the buyer his original payment. Obviously, the buyer intends at best to send you the faked camera. Dang.

the buyer left me a scammer and negative comment

When the Dispute is resolved, the neg can be removed.

Meanwhile you have two options.

Call Customer Support.

Ascertain that the clerk understands that you are in Canada and that USPS is not involved.

Make sure the clerk understands that the scammer is in Greece.

Make sure that the clerk understands that you have sent a PP payment for the return shipping and that the transaction number is recorded in the Dispute.

Ask that the negative feedback be removed immediately.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed. Be prepared to ask for escalation to a supervisor with more authority.

You may find it worthwhile to open a new selling ID if you decide to continue here.

If you do so, do NOT sell overseas until you are past the Paypal Hold point and have enough feedback that honest buyers will trust you.

A $3000 camera was not a good choice for a new seller since it is in a high fraud/ high value category.

This is painful.

I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. Then I get paid. -- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply