how can someone sell a Brand New item in the original box, unused, for 10% of it's value and ship it free?

gnomeeb1
Community Member

A seller from Spain, just registered Jan31, 2013, (so there is no ratings, etc.)  listed a quantity of 10  of 1 fairly common item. and the  item is listed on Amazon, and many other places for $230, and she sold all 10 for $25.99 + FREE Worldwide shipping. Too Good to be true!!  So what is the hook?  Do they say the charges didn't go through, trying to get my Visa number???????

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how can someone sell a Brand New item in the original box, unused, for 10% of it's value and ship it free?

Like you said, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

To have an expensive item listed with such a low price tag should be a key indicator to you that maybe the item is counterfeit, or the seller is not a legit seller. If the account was created on 31st and is already selling high end items... I don't even think I need to carry on with my explanation (._. )

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Like you said, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

To have an expensive item listed with such a low price tag should be a key indicator to you that maybe the item is counterfeit, or the seller is not a legit seller. If the account was created on 31st and is already selling high end items... I don't even think I need to carry on with my explanation (._. )

Message 2 of 2
latest reply