how do i get my money back from a seller who does not accept returns?

may868
Community Member

I have been an outstanding buying since 2003 not one negative comment.  I bought a silk Joie blouse from China seller claimed it was a 100% authentic.  upon receiving it i noticed it was not silk and therefore the size was not accurate either. now i cant get my money back or a new blouse, i,m hope ebay can help a loyal client since 2003 with this issue.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: how do i get my money back from a seller who does not accept returns?

you have to send the item back with tracking and when paypal can confirm the item has been returned  through the tracking number showing delivered they will force a refund from the seller.. Although a seller says "no return or refund" Ebay says every seller must accept returns and give refunds.  or you can do a charge back on your credit card if paypal and Ebay wont help you. open a case before the 45 day deadline as well so that deadline doesnt lapse while the item is in transit.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is an ebay member to member board so it is unlikely that ebay customer service will see your post. If you have already contacted the seller and they have not offered to refund you can you file for an item not as described through the resolution center if you paid for the item less than 45 days ago.

As mentioned in the other post, you will have to send the item back with delivery confirmation and that is very expensive.  That is one problem with buying items overseas as it is so expensive to return them if there is a problem.

You can also try phoning ebay to see if they can offer any solutions or if they will offer a courtesy refund without you having to send the item back to the seller. I doubt that they do that often but it doesn't hurt to try.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just a head's up for future reference:  I don't know how much you paid for the "authentic" blouse, hopefully not much!, As other posters have said, it's just not worth it  money-wise returning the item with tracking.  I do order from China and other areas.  I buy from China, obviously because I like the look of the item.......but also because it's very inexpensive.  If received and something is not right which doesn't happen to me very often - I just donate to the Women's Shelter, as it would be crazy to ship something back there that cost so little.  I haven't even checked at the P.O. about how much it would be, especially with tracking.  I just know it would be crazy.    Oh yes, one other thing, be VERY careful with the sizes when buying from there.  They do give a good indication of what the U.S. size would be but.check & recheck and if in doubt, go one size up.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I guess I am wondering why you bought from her when her rating is 92 percent.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The seller's rating was 100% when the buyer purchased her item.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'may868',

You will by now have seen ebay's official position on what to do when an item does not match

the seller's description:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Ebay does not think kindly toward counterfeiting, and this is their policy about that:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

A few days ago there was a similar discussion about fake computer bits.  I don't know if any of this

would be of interest or use to you, but there were some good answers if you want to have a look:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Same-problems-as-five-years-ago-inaccurate-description-I-a...

Some food for thought, anyway.  In future, be very careful what you buy from China.

Sure, a lot of women in Hong Kong can well afford the best, and when they tire of their designer items they might sell them

on ebay.  But you need to spot the difference between a seller clearing out her own closet, and one who is fobbing off

copies for profit.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply