how to contact live person on ebay

I bought an item from one seller the item was over $ 300.00 ,  the seller send the item, the post office attempted to deliver the item, noone was home,  according to the tracking they left the card to collect the item, unfortunately we didnt get the card, the post office sent back to the seller,  i contacted the seller, he asked me additional cost,  i paid it, same day i bought another item almost same value, he sent this item and used the same tracking number for both item.  ebay site shows that the first item delivered , but back to the seller.  I contacted the seller several time, no reply,  finally i opened the dispute and within a minute the dispute was resolved in favor of seller, as they said according to the tracking the item is delivered, however the item is delivered back to the seller, not to the buyer and ebay system cant differentiate between delivered back to the seller or to the buyer.

what should i do.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You need to be sitting at a desktop computer to see it but at the top and bottom of each page, there is a Help & Contact link at the page. You have a Buying problem. Pick through their menu of choices until you get to the Contact Us option and then call. Be prepared to wait on hold, and then explain your situation to multiple people. Be calm, have your detailed information ready. I hope your communication with the seller all took place through ebay so the CSR can find it in Messages. 

Best of luck to you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You bought an item from the seller.

The PO was unable to deliver it, and it was returned to the seller.

When you contacted the seller, he asked for another shipping fee.

You agreed and paid it.

Meanwhile you bought another (different?) item from the same seller.

You also paid for that, he shipped and you received.

There was only one item - the second purchase-- in the parcel.

and used the same tracking number for both item.

Do you mean he indicated that he packed both items (the original purchase and the new purchase) in the same parcel and mailed them with one shipping label?

But that when you received the new shipment only one item was in the box?

Do you have the weight of the box?

Have you checked the website of the shipping service (Canada Post/ USPS) to compare the weight of what he paid for and the weight of what you recieved?

Is it high enough to include both items?

Was the GSP involved in either shipment?

I'm wondering if the original item, returned and to be resent, was actually an off-eBay transaction.

If so, you would not be dealing with eBay but with Paypal.

This is good, if complicated, because PP has a much longer deadline for Items Not Received.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

You bought an item from the seller.

The PO was unable to deliver it, and it was returned to the seller.

When you contacted the seller, he asked for another shipping fee.

You agreed and paid it.

Meanwhile you bought another (different?) item from the same seller.

You also paid for that, he shipped and you received.

There was only one item - the second purchase-- in the parcel.

and used the same tracking number for both item.

Do you mean he indicated that he packed both items (the original purchase and the new purchase) in the same parcel and mailed them with one shipping label?

But that when you received the new shipment only one item was in the box?

Do you have the weight of the box?

Have you checked the website of the shipping service (Canada Post/ USPS) to compare the weight of what he paid for and the weight of what you recieved?

Is it high enough to include both items?

Was the GSP involved in either shipment?

I'm wondering if the original item, returned and to be resent, was actually an off-eBay transaction.

If so, you would not be dealing with eBay but with Paypal.

This is good, if complicated, because PP has a much longer deadline for Items Not Received.

You cannot use the same tracking no to resend an item,there is something not right here?If the item is sent back to the seller it needs to to be paid again,and that is im sure up to the buyer,have you moved and your address is no current with pay pal?Once an item reaches its destination a card should be left 99.9 per cent of the time.If the item was sent back to the seller i dont think you did what you were supposed to EG pick up the parcel ,? check with your paypal account to make sure you have the right mailing address? It had tracking so the seller has done there part ,very complicated this is.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

once a tracking no shows up as delivered it is delivered as a seller and i hve looked at this a few times and im thinking this is a scam ,not sure wher you will get with paypal but something is not on the up and up sorry just my opinion im old and people have tried to scam me before even with tracking numbers never works
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The original poster needs to speak to someone for certain. Something in this is not right. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply