how to determine if a seller has been hijacked?

As a buyer, how do I determine if the seller's profile has been hijacked by a hacker, with nothing to sell?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

• Is it too good to be true? It probably is.
  • Use Contact Seller to ask a question. Do his language skills match the other evidence including feedback left for others? No response is a red flag.
  • How long has it been since the last Feedback as a Seller? Six months is okay, more than a year is problematic.

If you are not sure, move on. There are hundreds of millions of listings on eBay daily. This widget will come up again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is there a reason why you think that the seller may have been hijacked? I am sure that it happens but I don't think that it is super common.  If a seller suddenly started listing items in a previously inactive account and those items were priced lower than the norm, then it's a good possibility that the account is hijacked or that the seller is not being totally honest.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Agree with your comments, but have evidence of one person hacking three other accounts in last two months. Notified ebay security each time but no action except item removed. I would have expected more from ebay security and am now monitoring this "seller" and trying to work out how he/she is getting into another person's account. This is internet fraud!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As a buyer i've just experienced my account being hacked by having my primary address being changed and not being aware before ordering.  Luckily the item was relatively cheap so I will consider it a cheap lesson.  However after researching it seems Ebay doesnt care to know of these people infiltrating their site.  

After this week after two negative experiences in a row, i feel my only course of action will be to cancel my account....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply