i sold an item over two months ago to the Netherlands...with tracking has not arrived

I sold an item to an eBay'er in  the Netherlands, hes asking me to call the post it hasn't arrived ,  so i called the post office they said it left Canada, its been well over two months what should i do next.......regards mike .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

i sold an item over two months ago to the Netherlands...with tracking has not arrived

Did it have tracking and insurance...

If not Refund the buyer and ask them to Remit payment if they do receive the item ...

You must have tracking and insurace otherwise Canada post wouldn;t of been able to tell you it left the country ..

ITems do get lost sometimes and when shipping ineternationally you have to do 1 of 2 things... Charge the crazy shipping prices for tracking and insurance .... Or ship without and prepare yourself to deal with the occasional Lost item

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

O ya I forgot .. If you have tracking and insurance your make a claim with Canada post .. You would still refund buyer but this way your would not lose money because Canada post would refund you

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If it has been over 45 days, your buyer cannot start an Item Not Received Dispute.

If it has been over 60 days, your buyer cannot leave any feedback or Detailed Seller Ratings.

He can, if he backs his PP account with a credit card, try for a credit card chargeback, since most cards have longer dispute periods than PP.

This situation comes up a lot with Asian sellers who ship Surface, knowing that that can take two or three months to arrive. The usual reactions reported by unhappy North American buyers are" We will send a replacement"  which also doesn't arrive or silence, since the buyer has no comeback.

But let's look at Best Practices not shoddy service.

Don't ever ship Surface. You have just learned why it is too expensive.

Since you used a tracked service, or the PO couldn't tell if it had been given to them never mind sent overseas, you should check the Netherlands PO website to see if it has been delivered. Your customer could be mistaken.

Cross check the address the customer gave you, the one you used, and the one he currently lives at. Errors can sneak in at any of those points.

If it has not, refund with a polite request that the buyer refund the refund through PP's Send Money service when the item finally arrives.

And don't ship overseas by Surface Mail.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply