if i change my email, can the owner of the first email make their own account? it keeps saying its still in use even though i got rid of it

mlei9840
Community Member

so when i made my ebay i didnt have an email so my boyfriend let me use his. now he wants his own ebay and i need my own email so i made my own email and changed the email i have linked on ebay to my own. now he tries to sign up to ebay and it says the email still has its own account. how can he make his own account (please dont suggest making a new email for him, it is his personal one and it is too inconvenient to make a new one since he has hundreds of contacts) 
please help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

if i change my email, can the owner of the first email make their own account? it keeps saying its still in use even though i got rid of it

Hi mlei .. Your boyfriend has a decision to make if he wants an eBay account. There is no possibility that ebay will allow a deleted from one account to be added to another. You would have no way of knowing that when you used his.

Lots of on line emails such as google, hotmail,Yahoo etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay only lets an eMail address be used once.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

He could easily make another email account using gmail or yahoo and just use it for ebay, he wouldn't have to change his personal contacts over. I have a couple which are used solely for my ebay accounts.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi mlei .. Your boyfriend has a decision to make if he wants an eBay account. There is no possibility that ebay will allow a deleted from one account to be added to another. You would have no way of knowing that when you used his.

Lots of on line emails such as google, hotmail,Yahoo etc.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay only lets an eMail address be used once.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

He could easily make another email account using gmail or yahoo and just use it for ebay, he wouldn't have to change his personal contacts over. I have a couple which are used solely for my ebay accounts.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

mlei9840
Community Member

thank you for letting me know, i just wish i could have known this before hand 😞 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply