import charges

These import charges are killing my purchasing power.  I refuse to buy from any seller who has import charges in their listings. To me, this is a bogus money grab on behalf of ebay.  Shipping is already too high - this is over the top!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

import charges

rykkm
Community Member

If you are speaking of the GSP program, I tend to agree. For larger, more costly items, it might not be so bad, but for small ones, it doesn't make the purchase worthwhile after all the fees are tacked on. I have just gotten back on ebay after a few years away, and this took me by surprise. sellers participation is voluntary, but I dont think some of the US sellers realize it may deter some Canadians from buying from them. Then again, unless they get a lot of cross border business on ebay, they probably wont notice.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

import charges

As a Canadian buyer, I completely agree. I also refuse to purchase from a seller who has signed up for global shipping. but I have asked them to remove it and they have. Its such a complete scam.

@lady.amherst wrote:

These import charges are killing my purchasing power.  I refuse to buy from any seller who has import charges in their listings. To me, this is a bogus money grab on behalf of ebay.  Shipping is already too high - this is over the top!

@lady.amherst wrote:

Message 3 of 3
latest reply