import charges

rodm1975
Community Member

I checked a jacket out the total is 89.03 I dont know what to do if Canada post or Purolator or Fedex make me pay more here the info what was given to me 6-13 days 20.63 Canada $27.88 shipping to Canada import 11.26 US $ Canada 15.22 any suggestions thanks 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

import charges

Go back to the listing and look for these words.

Customs services and international tracking provided

Those mean the item is being processed through the Global Shipping Program and all import fees are prepaid.

It will arrive in 20 days or less.

If it has not arrived by the latest date eBay gave you, come back and we can guide you through the Buyer Protection Program.

BTW-- items shipped through the GSP go first to Erlanger KY. Don't worry about this. It will be fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

import charges

@rodm1975 wrote:

checked a jacket out the total is 89.03

I dont know what to do if Canada post or Purolator or Fedex make me pay more

here the info what was given to me 6-13 days

20.63 Canada $27.88 shipping to Canada

import 11.26 US $ Canada 15.22

Your "import" charge probably means this item is being sent via the Global Shipping Program (GSP) and there should be no additional taxes/duty when it is delivered.

Your total is: jacket cost plus shipping plus import charge

-..-

GSP (for USA): Seller ships your purchase to Kentucky. Then Pitney-Bowes (the GSP manager) clears the package and reships it to you.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

import charges

@rodm1975 wrote:
I checked a jacket out the total is 89.03 I dont know what to do if Canada post or Purolator or Fedex make me pay more here the info what was given to me 6-13 days 20.63 Canada $27.88 shipping to Canada import 11.26 US $ Canada 15.22 any suggestions

Sounds like a GSP item so my suggestion is to just sit back, relax, and wait for it to arrive.  There will not be any other charges because you already paid the import charges when you bought the item. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

import charges

Go back to the listing and look for these words.

Customs services and international tracking provided

Those mean the item is being processed through the Global Shipping Program and all import fees are prepaid.

It will arrive in 20 days or less.

If it has not arrived by the latest date eBay gave you, come back and we can guide you through the Buyer Protection Program.

BTW-- items shipped through the GSP go first to Erlanger KY. Don't worry about this. It will be fine.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

import charges

Thanks I thought Pitney Bows was a postage meter rental company not a mail manager for parcels
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

import charges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitney_Bowes
They got their start that way. And General Motors was originally in the carriage business.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply