is it possible to put a password on buying items?

I'm sure that as a seller, you've seen this happen before.  You put something cool up there and it get's purchased then 30 minutes later, a person emails saying frantically that they made a mistake and that their kid bought it in error.

I know that I have.  And now that I have kids who use my ipad, laptop and cell phone, I can see how it happens.

So my question is to an EBAY MOD!!!  Can you please put in the option to ask for a password when buying.  Just like iTunes does with music, video and games on iphones.   It shouldn't be hard and it can be an option for parents.  Think of all the sellers who will thank ebay !!!!

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: is it possible to put a password on buying items?

There is a password ,

You use it to sign in to access your account.

If you have kids or other people who use your computer

then sign out when you leave ebay.

You are just looking for trouble when you sign in on ebay and leave

your computer unattended all day long.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@deltabeach-net wrote:

I'm sure that as a seller, you've seen this happen before.  You put something cool up there and it get's purchased then 30 minutes later, a person emails saying frantically that they made a mistake and that their kid bought it in error.

Enable Immediate Payment Required option. Item stays available until payment is received.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

toby - AMEN - brings me back to that kid that bought the doll house (more like a mansion!) that cost, I forget how much, but MEGA $.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And don't tell anyone your password.

Actually, following a cri de coeur here a couple of days ago, perhaps all your passwords should be added to your will, for the use of your executor.  Woman LOL

Message 5 of 5
latest reply