is there a "pink" around? seller keeps copying my listing even after asked to stop

Hi

I'm just wondering if there' an ebay "pink" around.  I have a seller who is copying my listing almost word for word and steals my picture.  I have asked the seller to stop doing this and have reported the seller to ebay through the official online form and have even spoken to Trust And Safety twice on the phone.  I keep get assured that action will be taken, but 12 days after the first incident, the stolen pictures and listings are still up. Now, the seller, has went ahead and relisted twice, likely because ebay doesn't appear to have done a thing about it.

my listing that was copied: 191102831875

copied into: 161251668087, 161259626233, 161261699357

Is there a "pink" around who make sure this all stops (and will actually make sure it gets done instead of just telling me what I want to hear)?   I don't have any ill-will towards the other seller.  I just want the person to stop profiting off the work that put my time into.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

is there a "pink" around? seller keeps copying my listing even after asked to stop

Are you sure they are the same LOL just kidding..

Hopefully someone helps you but like you have discovered your more likely to be struck by lightning then have ebay take him down..

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Take a few minutes (or it could be an hour) and call ebay. They may take action with a phone call.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Are you hosting your own pictures?

Switch them for something the thief won't like.

Perhaps a note saying "This picture was stolen from another listing. Are you sure you want to deal with a theif?" Or a snapshot of  Conchita Farrell in a bikini perhaps.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately, I've already called eBay twice and have already spent that hour.  Customer service transfers me to Trust and Saftety who then promises that they take the issue seriously.  They fill out a request for another department to take action.  Nothing gets done, not even 12 days later.  Going through official channels isn't working that seller is just going to keep using my listing to make money for him/herself. There's nothing really more that I can do. 

1. I've contacted the other seller and ask the copying to stop (that seller just ignores and keeps doing it)

2. I've filled out the proper forms through the eBay contact form

3.  I've phoned eBay twice and spoke to Trust and Safety both times

4. I've waited around 12 days to give eBay the chance to do something about it:    zero results

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Are you hosting your own pictures?

Switch them for something the thief won't like.

Perhaps a note saying "This picture was stolen from another listing. Are you sure you want to deal with a theif?" Or a snapshot of  Conchita Farrell in a bikini perhaps.

Unforutnately, I uploaded the listing directly to eBay's server.  All eBay does is tell me to watermark my images.  Watermarking is next to useless because I've taken a look at the watermarking policy and the only effective watermarking would be to place the watermark across the middle of the item.  If I do that, I will get in trouble from eBay because that would be against the rules.  A watermark on the edge would just get cropped out anyway.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Put a business card or make up a tag with your ebay ID and info and take a photo of your item with them in it. No way to crop that out.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The new eBay picture policy effective July 1, 2013 does not allow putting a business card in the photo. The listing will be in violation and may be taken down with policy strikes against the seller.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Guess what?  Since posting on this board, I have found out  that my post breaks the discussion board rules, for who knows what strange reason.  So apparently, we're not even allowed to talk about this type of stuff on the boards.  I just hope that eBay doesn't now slap me with a warning infraction, but then leave the photo/listing copier to continue do that.  The discussion board guidelines say that I must only use the webform to contact eBay about this topic (which doesn't work).    I guess this is the last I have to say about this matter because I don't want to  be punished, simply for asking for eBay's assistance. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply