is there anyone that can recommend a good quality inexpensive seller for fashion?

i'm in Vancouver and new to ebay and was  wondering if any fashionistas out there could recommend some good sellers or how to go about finding them.  Good, reliable quality and reasonable prices!  I like brands like Guess  NastyGal , but am open to lots of brands but not high end designer! that's out of my budget! Can be new or used...
Thank you! 
jen

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

is there anyone that can recommend a good quality inexpensive seller for fashion?

xeposter
Community Member

@wil8423_5hfqf wrote:

i'm in Vancouver and new to ebay and was  wondering if any fashionistas out there could recommend some good sellers or how to go about finding them.  Good, reliable quality and reasonable prices!  I like brands like Guess  NastyGal , but am open to lots of brands but not high end designer! that's out of my budget! Can be new or used...
Thank you! 
jen

Hello Jen.

You are wanting other members to give you designer brands they recommend? You can always do a search for designer items that are listed for sale and could find some things you might like: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=designer&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=designer&_s.... I am not a female, so I don't really care about designer items...

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Go to the Search bar and enter the name of the brand you like.

Change the default Search to Highest Price and Shipping First (trust me on this).

On the left side of the list, look for your size range and your price range.

You can also enter colour, garment type (tops, dresses, etc).. and new or used.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello Jen, 

<<i'm ...new to ebay and . . . . .   good sellers or how to go about finding them.  >>

What you shop for is a matter of personal taste.  There is lots of everything you can imagine on ebay.  

To find the best quality sellers, -- the first thing to do is check a seller's feedback.  

"Feedback" is that number beside the little coloured star.  At the moment you have a feedback score of 41. I notice you have not left any for your sellers in nearly a year and a half on ebay.  That is okay, - you do not have to leave feedback.  It is always voluntary.  

You want to check sellers' feedback for comments about how wonderful they are, -- that the items are as described, that they are agreeable to get on with.    How does the seller respond to complaints? 

<<Good, reliable quality and reasonable prices!>>

Spend some time using the ebay Search.  On the left side you can choose Item Location.  If you are fussy about quality you may find that choosing North America is your best bet, since a lot of the Asian rubbish is low cost but cheap quality, not to mention fake.  

When using Search, you can set up your preferences somewhat, although some choices cannot be 'saved'.  Use the Sort Bar to get rid of that Best Match.  Half the time that shows items that have no relation to your Search Bar criteria.  Choose from the Sort Bar what matters to you, -- "Time: Ending Soonest" if you don't want to miss anything, "Price + Shipping: lowest" if you are budget conscious, and so on.  

Beside the Search bar you will see View.  Be sure to select List, and you can use the drop-down Customize menu to save some choices as well.  

From the left side of the page you can choose new or used, various brands, select a price range, . . .  all sorts of choices.  

Play around with it a bit.  There is no single easy answer to finding the right items for you.  

<<. . .am open to lots of brands but not high end designer! that's out of my budget! Can be new or used...>>

You have to make your own decisions because you will be stuck with whatever you buy.  If you change your mind about an item, it can be very expensive to return, - at least $40 overseas, maybe more like $60. 

Therefore, -- use your Watch List.  Under the Buy it Now button is the phrase Add to watch list.  When you see an item you like, click to add it to the Watch List.  That way, you can price compare and shop and decide as you go, adding items to your Watch List, and when you are fully committed to paying for the right item, you can click to buy it and pay then.  

You can set up multiple lists for shoes, handbag, or by the brands you are Searching.  

It is also a really good idea to leave items in your Watch list and only commit to buy when you have viewed the listing from a real computer, -- at home, school, work, or even a public library.  Listings often appear different when seen from a phone, but more importantly is that a lot of cost-related information is left out when seen from a hand-held device.  Phone shopping is fun, but you can end up paying more than you expected or end up with more or less product than you intended.

I wish you a ton of fun with it. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply