is this add a scam go pro

bills9-5
Community Member

go pro camera for 19.99usd  is this add a scam

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I cannot figure that one out. Feedback as recently as two days ago but nothing sold in the last 15 days. There is a scam in there somewhere, I just do not know what it is.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

It gets stranger. Smartphones for $19.99? Sold seven in an hour? Hero3 shows six sold in the last 24 hours. Seller is showing nothing sold in the last 15 days.

"Looks" to me like a quick  in and out to get as much money as possible, but, why price so low?

Samsung tablet with keyboard $24.99? Free shipping to Canada?

No.

They are going to rake in a couple grand in one day and be shut down.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

The key words in the listing....

microSD card sold separately

How much    for the "card"

Perhaps not available on eBay... sold off eBay????

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

So far, they have "sold" 249 widgets for $4900 in the last HOUR. Still? Nothing showing under their ID as sold.

FB of 229, 79 in the last month, and, they have sold 249 in an hour?

As a buddy of mine say "snay coil".

Photobucket
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

807 units sold for $34,798. The sheep are getting sheared.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

The listing seems to have disappeared.

Here's where the 21 day Hold, so despised by honest sellers, comes in handy. There is a reasonable chance that the money paid in will never be collected.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

The listing seems to have disappeared.

Here's where the 21 day Hold, so despised by honest sellers, comes in handy. There is a reasonable chance that the money paid in will never be collected.

I've been able to access the listing just now, so maybe he's bouncing things on and off the site, like the old shell game, catch-me-if-you-can, etc.  The seller is located in China (is that any surprise?).

I just watched CBC's documentary about worldwide product counterfeiting on "The Passionate Eye" last night.  Even if 50% of what they report is accurate, it's an unbelievably all-pervasive and frightening scenario.  A hint -- read your food and Rx labels carefully.

One can only hope the 21 day hold would apply in this seller's case -- did you notice he's got TRS?  Yikes!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Seller has been in business for a few months. High enough FB, sold hundreds of items. 21 day hold is off. Seller still needs to down load the money however. ebay is going to be on the hook for this one.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Everything is still there. So far, 1658 individual unit sales, TODAY.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ouyangxinghua2013/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692

Photobucket
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

balkhu758
Community Member

probably scam,

will ebay do something for the perosns who purcahase the items

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

This time it was there, I reported it on general principles.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Mod, while you are busy make us squeaky clean and pure, the scam seller has sold over 2700 units and stolen in excess of $55,000.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

4:42 Eastern time, $90,000 in sales for today. Just today.

$300 phones for $20? I think I will buy a dozen and re-sell.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I wonder if the Chinese seller knew this is Family Day (or something equivalent ) in most of  Canada and the mods would be off duty?

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Mod has already edited this thread, see at the top, so as to take out a specific reference to the seller, I guess. We have to be squeaky clean, but, the scam seller is probably over $100,000 in theft by now. Interesting morality.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

It is un-raveling. 17 negs in the last hour or so.
Photobucket
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

If you check his negs, most are newbies, what a shame! Gives eBay a bad name, some of those will not return.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Is this the same guy who is selling the android tv box for 14 bucks? I bought one and obviously I'll be very disappointed if it's a scam. I'm new to eBay and bought a total of three items and never got scammed before so I am very paranoid about this

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Yes, I'm afraid it is, I hope buyers get refunds.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply