issue with item - arrive late, unable to set up a case, damaged item

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.

I ordered an item and it didn't arrive.  The seller claimed to send a second item.  I waited patiently and, by the time it arrive (about two months after I ordered it), it arrive damaged.  The seller will not give me a refund, he/she wants to ship me another item but I don't want to wait another two months and possibly have another broken item.  I simply want a refund for getting a defective item.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller has failed twice to send you what you paid for.

There is no 'third time lucky".

Since he bluffed you into letting the Paypal Dispute time expire, go to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is the mediator) and phone their 1-800 number. Ask the customer rep about a chargeback.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

We got burned on an item like that as well. First item never showed after the stated 30 days. Seller tricked us by saying they would send another one. You can see what is happening here... Of course there never was a first or second item and after 45 days you are SOL.

In a situation like this always go for the refund before the 45 days are up. If you risk waiting for a replacement like we did then you may get burned.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi, similar issue had defective item seller tricked me into waiting for a fix and guess what 45 days later no fix and no response from seller after numerous emails. Contacted Ebay looking for someway to leave feedback, well what a waste of time. Took about 10 tries before the customer service operator finally understood my concern. I wasn`t looking for my money back,  ( thats my fault for trusting the seller ) I just wanted to leave feedback so someone else dosen`t get caught by this scam. There should be a way to alter your feedback for say up to a year.

Thanks for reading my rant

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Since he bluffed you into letting the Paypal Dispute time expire, go to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is the mediator) and phone their 1-800 number. Ask the customer rep about a chargeback.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There should be a way to alter your feedback for say up to a year.

There is, sort of.

You can leave a Response to any feedback, your own or the seller's, indefinitely. While this will not change the fb rating, it does stand out on a page.

Of course, the most effective Responses, like the most effective FB , is calm and factual.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply