migration tool question

Looking through the Migration tool information it states "Once your drafts have been published go back to Ebay.ca in your active listing container in Selling Manager and end the corresponding original USD listings to avoid leaving duplicate listings on the site."

Am I to understand that if I move over a minimum of 50 items at a time, I need to end those 50 items individually, which means searching for them individually among the other 1200  I have? Is there some sort of time limit as I could have 50 duplicate listings on my site at one time?

In my case that means I would have to end about 1200 items individually. Am I missing something here?

HELP me understand this...Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

migration tool question

@golfing_in_style wrote:

... the Migration tool information it states "Once your drafts have been published go back to Ebay.ca in your active listing container in Selling Manager and end the corresponding original USD listings to avoid leaving duplicate listings on the site."

In my case that means I would have to end about 1200 items individually. Am I missing something here?

Select the ones you want to end. Then click on the "End" button?

In My eBay the Active Selling section has a line of buttons for different actions starting with "Add Note", the far right button is "End".

The button action applies to the listings you have marked -- click on the empty box to the left of a listing to mark it.  Or if you want to mark/select all of them click on the empty box to the left of "Add Note".

-..-

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

No, you are not missing anything. You will have to find the corresponding auctions and end them. It is confusing and messy and ridiculous. Can't imagine ebay doing this to U.S. sellers.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

Ebay is turning into a joke, None of its Canadian sellers want this change.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

@golfing_in_style wrote:

Looking through the Migration tool information it states "Once your drafts have been published go back to Ebay.ca in your active listing container in Selling Manager and end the corresponding original USD listings to avoid leaving duplicate listings on the site."

Am I to understand that if I move over a minimum of 50 items at a time, I need to end those 50 items individually, which means searching for them individually among the other 1200  I have? Is there some sort of time limit as I could have 50 duplicate listings on my site at one time?

HELP me understand this...Thanks

Hello golfing_in_style,

Unless your listings are all GTC, I recommend waiting until they naturally end before migrating them. This will avoid you having to end the old ones.

If your listings are all GTC, that is correct, you will have to end the old ones as you publish the new ones, in order to avoid seeing the new ones get removed under the Duplicates policy. To help you do that, there is an export function on the migration tool. The list this gives you can help you plan out which listings to migrate first and keep track of which you have done.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

The Migration Tool procedure was read through several times....

Everything was in order until that last step....  

Finding the US dollar listings  that have been replaced... with Canadian dollar listings.  

I had a vision of searching through 3700  listings to find the old US dollar listings  with each transfer of new Canadian dollar listings...

and then... with the possibility of being told  I have duplicates.

I will have to think about that last step

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

Is there a different set of instructions for those of us who use Macs instead of PCs?

Because I have yet to get past the second step. Including leaving the computer working on it overnight.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

Under Active listings.

Do an Edit on each listing... One at a time

End the listing.... revise US dollars to Canadian dollars... and then relist the listing.

One has to do each listing... one at a time...  

This is the only way  one can do a US $ to CDN $ change on each listing

There is no Bulk Edit option..

Works well with a few listings to revise...

Then you can Bulk Edit Item prices and shipping costs

OR

You can do the complete revision  with each listing

(1) End the listing

(2) Revise US to Canadian dollars

(3) Revise Item price

(4) Revise Shipping cost

(5) Relist

One can do all of the listings on the same day ... or wait for each listing's 30 day turnover day

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

Use GarageSale and easily bulk edit site, currency, shipping options, etc. - well worth the very moderate price.  It is fast, it is accurate, it is easy to use.  You can then entirely sidestep the awkward multi-step process I am reading about on these boards.  I have changed all my listings over on several accounts with minimal effort, in both directions - changing to Cdn$ for most, and migrating to .com for some.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

does hing this mean we have to end any current auctions before they end ?...why cant we just convert them without having to end anything and not worry about duplicate listings,.. another ebay idea that sucks,..not thought about very well ...as seen in the past... its just as easy to list in US or CAN the way it is now.... why fix something that isnt broken.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

you recommend waiting until they naturally end before migrating them...in the meantime we dont list for a week ? ...and why does it ask to migrate ended listings,...surely the web guys at ebay should be able to fix this...?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

migration tool question

yeah well that is what I got myself into, and then if you don't find them in time you can get slapped with a "duplicate listing" violation, and then - all those duplicate listings showed up on the invoice!  Oh, yeah and the pictures were duplicated, and the the angst goes on and on...........

Then I went and looked at some of the listing that had been "migrated", and realized that I needed to change the shipping prices in the process, and did not, so that is all messed up.

I do truly think that it is easier to end everything, and relist one by one making appropriate currency changes - it is a good way to check inventory, cause yeah,... I just know that there are items on my shelf that have "disappeared" from the store in this debacle.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply