need advice about selling transaction

a person bought 10 of the same item i have for sale. i checker is feedback he have multiple transaction but i cant see the item that he bought even those made less that a month ago. i try to investigate a little more and the address provided is not a home its located in a small shopping center (thanks google street view) i cant find that bussiness web site or anything when i google the address. only those next to it. i try to contact him by email but nearly 12 hours later no answer.

i am a very suspicious and paranoid kind of person i always expect the worse. so before i send the order i want some advice at least.   

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

how much money are we talking about?? are you planning to send with tracking?? has the buyer paid for tracking??

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

the total with shipping is 400$ tracking will be provided free from post canada since it a large package.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I have a low tolerance for risk myself but I don't see what could be wrong here in your scenario.

The person is probably sending it to his or her work. Use tracking and you are protected. Without tracking you are not. If the order totals more than $850 CAD including postage, you need Signature Confirmation on Delivery. That means Xpresspost. 

People have alternate addresses all the time for many reasons, it's nothing to worry about.

Tracking tracking tracking.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

And so long as you ship to the address that he gave you and Canada Post doesn't reject it mid-print for being incomplete, you are good to go. It's the seller's responsibility to ship to the address provided, and the buyer's responsibility to get that address right. 

Come back for different advice if you get kicked-off printing postage because the address is incomplete. Otherwise you are set. 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

I have a ridiculously high risk tolerance.

It could be a freight forwarder.

I sell it, mail it, forget about it.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I agree except that most freight-forwarder businesses surface on google as such if you do a search that way.

Noting wrong with freight-forwarders as long as you have tracking. Your responsibility as a seller ends when it is delivered there. 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

If the order totals more than $850 CAD including postage, you need Signature Confirmation on Delivery. That means Xpresspost. 

Although it makes no difference to eBay, you might decide to add Signature Confirmation to the shipment.

This tell the receiver that the carrier knows that the item was delivered, and the signer took personal responsibility.

Again, this had nothing to do with eBay or Paypal, it's just a little psychological warfare.

Mwah hahahahaha..

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

In this case because the address feels suspicious to the buyer and, indeed, the transaction in general is worisome to him or her, I would have to agree that the extra buck or two is worth the peace of mind. 

When I started selling, I would add Signature on Delivery to my Expedited Parcel orders anytime the value exceeded $100 because that was my comfort level at that time. It's higher now. 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

since you seem to all agree that is normal i will ship it tommorow with tracking and signature, i will also try to have the full address written on my receipt from post canada  (normally their just write the zip code)

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Yes, do. I wouldn't worry. Use Expedited Parcel with the Signature option. If you print via Paypal Shipping you can save a pdf of the label to prove it went to the address given to you. I said Xpresspost in my earlier post because it is the only international service where signature is available to us, tracked packet doesn't have it. With domestic you can stick with Expedited (providing you have a Solutions for Small Business card which used to be called VentureOne) and buy Signature on Delivery an an option. Without you will have to either ship Regular Parcel with Signature and Insurance which will cost you upwards of $20. Expedited is the way to go if you can get it and paypal shipping offers the best rates for that, 18 per cent less than counter.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Quick link to rates https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s2

If you want to see the benefits of using Expedited which, like I said, is only for business customers, click the link that says With Solutions for Small Business, the more you ship online, the more you save.† Sign up now to save up to 28% on domestic shipping and up to 40% on international shipping.

But with paypal shipping you get 18 per cent discount. You need to be like Top Tier Volume to get their 28% discount as a non-paypal business user. It's unachievable for many of us going solo.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

One more footnote and I'll move on to other things, I promise. You can apply for the Solutions For Small Business card at the postal counter and get access to the modest discount on Expedited Parcel right away. At least, that is how it worked for me a few years ago. 

Good luck! Come back and tell us how it worked out in the end. 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

JUST ONE LAST THOUGHT, if you are google mapping every order that comes in, you are way to paranoid.. as long as you have tracking on anything over 50$ you will be fine..

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

nah i was just worry with this one that why i checked with google map

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

But Google Maps are FUN!

I was recently able to see where we lived in the Old Country and even trace my way to the school I attended for one year when I was four!

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Was it uphill both ways?
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Tee hee.
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Every once in a while there will be a strange looking address...

Something just does not appear right

I use  a white pages search....  postal code, address, telephone.... actually find out who lives there...Then there is Google  with their view of the residence.from the street

At times  what looked strange was correct....

Then came the day  when a buyer new to eBay left out an important number. in the address..

I have used this capability .... sometimes... not always.

Used it in a Paypal claim...  and  found out who lived there... and why their claim was not quite right.

There was that strange address in New York City..... Actually stood on the street and verified it was correct... the Google street option.

and... sometimes it is interesting to stand on the street and see where the buyer lives.

and .....  then there was the time Canada Post said there was no such address.....I found it ... No problem....it was correct???

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Also in today's world of Community mailboxes....

Adding a signature to a valuable item  means the parcel is not left in the Community Mailbox.

Learned this when a $200 book got "lost"  in a Community Mailbox in a new development in Calgary.......  Buyer was livid and got his money back as an insurance claim...

Signature confirmation  is a good option for valuable items shipped within Canada.

Things can get misplaced in a Community Mailbox......

Message 20 of 35
latest reply