new store with duration problems

I opened my store this morning and have some listings that won't give me the "til cancelled" option.  What did I do wrong?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

'These 3 and 7 day listings do not give me the GTC option"

As stated earlier, you cannot revise the duration.

To select GTC it must be done at time of listing or relisting.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I am confused.

Looking at your items - all fixed price listings - some were listed for 3 days only, others for 7 days only and others for 30 days.

ALL fixed price listings should offer the "Good Till Cancelled" (GTC) option at time of listing.

Why take 3 or 7 days?  Duration cannot be changed.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

This is my exact problem.  These 3 and 7 day listings do not give me the GTC option.  I can change the 3 day listings to 7 day only.  Should I wait til they are done then fix them to GTC option?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

'These 3 and 7 day listings do not give me the GTC option"

As stated earlier, you cannot revise the duration.

To select GTC it must be done at time of listing or relisting.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you Pierre for your advise.  I seem to be getting more visits with them so I'll wait and fixthings when I relist. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

More visits? Interesting.

Might I suggest that you use Sell Similar rather than Relist when you renew the listings?

I find it easier to edit.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I find Fixed Price listings with shorter duration sit higher in the Best Match search soup but, alternatively, the more views you have also ranks you higher within Best Match too. It's six of one and a half-dozen of another. If your item is one with volatile pricing, the shorter duration is better because it allows you to relist at different prices more regularly. In my humble opinion. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Excellent idea! Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Interesting. I will keep playing with this. It seems to work for me.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

If your item is one with volatile pricing, the shorter duration is better because it allows you to relist at different prices more regularly. In my humble opinion. 

The other side of that coin, however is that a GTC item (or at least 30 day duration) will accumulate watchers, which eBay now displays to other buyers (presumably as an incentive).  Furthermore, pricing can always be revised downward at any time on a GTC listing without having to relist (or Best Offer added), either of which can be an incentive to watchers becoming buyers.  

I personally have never found that cycling listings through shorter durations has made any difference in terms of quicker sales or better search placement -- and I've tried a lot of experiments in this regard.  

The only exception I occasionally make is to list a highly desirable item as a 30 day FP, but over time I see less and less point in doing this as it has rarely made much difference.  Again, the only thing I seem to accomplish is to drop off my watchers when I have to relist (in my categories watchers are ultimately buyers). 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply