ok i put store on vaction and explained i cant ship because can post

i have had a cople buyers since i put my store on vacation ,one buyer dont mind he will wait,the other i havnt heard bck from after telling him i cant ship, can someone please look at my store and see if my message is clear to buyers that i cant ship till can post gets there act together thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: ok i put store on vaction and explained i cant ship because can post

Potential buyers do NOT look at your store.  They look at individual listings after doing a search for items they are looking for.

I never understood why sellers would put a store "on vacation" yet not hide the listings.

We all know buyers do not read everything.  They see something they like, they buy, they pay and they wonder why did that seller put something for sale if he/she cannot ship.

My store was put on vacation over a week ago and the listings are not visible to anyone (but me).

Good Luck

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I have no idea why eBay makes it an option that an On Vacation store can still be seen by buyers.

Especially since buyers today are into INSTANT GRATIFICATION  and never did read.

Go back to your On Vacation choices and make all your listings invisible.

It won't get better if you don't.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I triple endorse the above. I closed down last Monday, listings invisible.

Buyer never have, do not, never will read. Buyers do not check their eBay mail either.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This is what your listing says, at the top, where no-one looks:

"This seller is currently away. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order."

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I had "late shipment" case, because my store was in vacation-real one this time. Of course ebay refunded to buyer. I don't even had a chance to respond, and they won't  postpone or explain anything to anybody.  As soon as I returned Canada Post made another ugly surprise. Poor sellers, how they can make profit or any money for that matter?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Use a courier, or send it via regular mail WITH TRACKING. There is no strike or lockout happening at the moment. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I would be very careful giving that kind of advise based on what you are going to do which not all sellers agree with or can do.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Depends where you live. Out here in Redneckville, I lose a 2-4 days just getting to international distribution. Living in southern Ontario where things can be out of the country the next day is a different matter. Cross country in Canada, I would not try it. Too far, too many re-sorts.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Alternatively, extend your HANDLING TIME to match/equal the number of days your store is on Vacation mode so that you are not obligated to ship immediately. 

p.s. Until the 72-hour notice gets thrown-down, I am still considering CPC a viable choice for domestic orders. This spot tells you exactly how many days are delivery standard between postal codes. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/default.aspx?ecid=murl08002548

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Alternatively, extend your HANDLING TIME to match/equal the number of days your store is on Vacation mode so that you are not obligated to ship immediately. 

p.s. Until the 72-hour notice gets thrown-down, I am still considering CPC a viable choice for domestic orders. This spot tells you exactly how many days are delivery standard between postal codes. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/default.aspx?ecid=murl08002548

In my experience the estimates for Expedited at least between major points are very generous (shipped two Expedited on Monday that were scheduled to arrive on July 4th (actually delivered overnight on Tuesday and Next July 6th (actually delivered Thursday).

Remember I said between major centres, Toronto to Montreal for example, not Sudbury to Medicine Hat.

I also expect volumes are lower than usual these days as many mailers will be withholding or using alternate methods due to the uncertainty. On the other hand UPS, CanPar, Purolator etc. will be much busier than normal.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply