ordered a product that is over due and the tracking info is not working

trenny33
Community Member

Not sure what to do. I ordered a product that was supposed to be delivered a few days ago at the latest. The tracking info takes me to a Polish site that has language issues and I can't figure out where the package is or when it will come. The seller has not been able to help me and I want to cancel this **bleep** order. I have never ordered anything and had the tracking information not work. The late date already screwed up giving this item as a gift, I have returned from the holiday location. I have started the process with PayPal to dispute the charge but what else can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The delivery dates given by eBay are usually pretty optimistic in my opinion.

I detest tracking because the buyer is paying to protect the seller against false claims of non-arrival.

It does not speed up the delivery (may even slow it down as the item is recorded on its travels) and doesn't insure it against damage.

Have you entered the tracking number into the Canada Post site? If it is in Canada, it should show there.

You opened a Paypal case?

That's it.

If the seller cannot show delivery (not shipping,delivery) he is required to refund your original payment. If he does not do this within deadline, PP will and go after him for their money.

About language.

You can cut and paste unknown words into Google Translate and get a working idea of what is being said. Polish uses the Roman alphabet, but the site also works for Japanese, Chinese, cyrillic, and Korean in my experience. Probably also for Arabic and Sanskrit.

Always keep in mind that online shopping is mail order.
If you need it by a certain date, order early enough that you can source it locally if everything goes galleywumpus.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Try this site, click on the country it came from,get to the country's postal site with that tracking #. Sometime you might get lucky and be able to click ENGLISH somewhere on the page to translate it.

http://www.upu.int/en/the-upu/member-countries.html

this is the Universal Postal Union website

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@trenny33 wrote:

Not sure what to do. I ordered a product that was supposed to be delivered a few days ago at the latest. The tracking info takes me to a Polish site that has language issues and I can't figure out where the package is or when it will come. The seller has not been able to help me and I want to cancel this **bleep** order. I have never ordered anything and had the tracking information not work. The late date already screwed up giving this item as a gift, I have returned from the holiday location. I have started the process with PayPal to dispute the charge but what else can I do?

You haven't received your item in a reasonable amount of time and the seller isn't able to help you.  I think the PayPal dispute is the only course of action left to you at this point.  You don't need tracking to know that you haven't received your item.

If you do receive a refund from PayPal and the item arrives after that, simply inform your seller that you're repaying him/her and then do so through PayPal's "send money" option.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I don't know if you noticed that you thanked reallynicestamps twice.

Not that it is wrong, I just wanted to point it out. 😉

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Seriously?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Although I can not comment on what to do I can offer this explanation to the late delivery. I deliver for Canada Post and I can tell you in the plant where I live there are still packages waiting to be processed from March. This is not to defend the seller but to give a perspective on the lateness. As to the tracking there is a number of ways Canada Post is able to stop the clock on expected delivery times (ie: say the address needs to be verified). Not to say the seller is in the right but hopefully  those running into this issue can maybe see a different view on to the why.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

saltca4 -  A useful, and annoying!, perspective.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes it can be frustrating, not sure about annoying though.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sorry wrong wording, not annoying but unfortunate.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply