paypal shipping labels

The Shipment Option you have chosen is invalid. Please verify the amount you have entered.

That is the error message I get when trying to print a small packet label to the US,.  I just finished printing 2 others to the states with similar dimensions and weights, no problems, then went to the third one, and get the error message.  I tried, changed the dimensions, the weights, the "shipping options" which on the form is the proposed drop off dates.  I tried logging out and in again, no go.

Any ideas?

thanx

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

paypal shipping labels

One of the address fields may be too long. I have had errors with addresses in Europe and in Quebec where the city is Sainte-something-de-something.  Try to use abbreviation like Ste for Sainte or Ave for Avenue to make the line shorter. I find that over 25 characters may give issues. never has a problem to the USA but to Australia, France, Italy, Switzerland as I recall.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

Nope, that is not it, and I can not still print it!

any other ideas! Please........

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

Try printing the label at paypal.com/shipnow

For some reason it can make a difference...I have no idea why.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

PJ would I still get the discount in shipping?  I called paypal/ebay shipping  this morning, since this original one did not print, I printed 3 others, and then the 4th one said error messages, and wouldn't even take me to the shipping label page.  Paypal says there has been ongoing issues for 2 weeks now and suggested I just go to the post office!  Really?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

You are choosing Small Packet USA Air and not Surface? SP USA Surface apparently still exists in PayPal shipping but gives an error message. SP USA Surface is no longer a CP option since Feb 11.

PayPal is slow to remove dead shipping options. For example, the eBay/Canada Post Flat Rate Box options still exists even though it has been dead for a long time and gives an error that PayPal shipping is not available.

Most likely you know that SP USA Surface is not available anymore but I thought I would mention it just in case you are trying surface. My apologies in advance if your issue has nothing to do with SP USA Surface.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

There is no PayPal discount for Small Packet USA or Small Packet International or Light packet USA and Light Packet International. Only Expedited Parcel USA and Canada and XpressPost USA and International have discounts.

So you can go to the Post Office for Small Packet. Only the extra time to fill out a manual CN22 form is needed.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

After about 10 attempts I got the small packet label to print, and am now working on a expedited one.  I know I could go to the post office or use venture 1 for the small / light packet.  But the expedited is another story, I can not afford to not have the discount.  I have tried about 6 times now and no go........

Called pay pal again - apparently pitney bowes has the problem, and paypal doesn't care????

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

No discount at the Post Office for Light / Small Packet for Venture One card holders.

Did you try another browser? Did you try clearing your browser cache and cookies and temp files. I know you said that you logged out and in.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

Dumped the cache, tried firefox and google chrome,

"paypal shipping is not available at this time" 

hmmmmmm

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

paypal shipping labels

PJ - you are correct paypal.com/shipnow worked!!!

Thanx

Message 11 of 11
latest reply